Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

is henry a "choker" part 2

• 25-05-2006 1:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭

remember this thread?
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=211575

well, once again i hear this comment about how henry chokes in big games (CL final).

would you say that he choked for this final?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Of course he didn’t. He was asked to lead the line by himself in a team that only had ten men. Most of the match he had to concern himself with defensive duties and did that very well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Of course he didn’t. He was asked to lead the line by himself in a team that only had ten men. Most of the match he had to concern himself with defensive duties and did that very well.

He did however, fluff a couple of handy chances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

Henry is an outstanding player, what is the point of this thread draggin other stupid threads FFS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

lili wrote:
    remember this thread?
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=211575

well, once again i hear this comment about how henry chokes in big games (CL final).

would you say that he choked for this final?

Pointless thread first time around and why its dragged up again is beyond me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Stekelly wrote:

That he did.. There is no doubting he ran the socks of himself for the first 55/60 mins but he seemed to tire at that stage.. He had a big part to play but he can't change any game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Oh no here we go again !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

name one team in the world that wouldn't be improved by henry?

end of story - pointless thread.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Thing is if Henry doesnt score a hat trick or win a game single handedly by himself then by his high standards he had a $hit game.

Henry did have 2 good chances, he should have taken one but thats football for you. On another day he would have taken those 2 chances CL final or not and would probably be gaurenteed the would player of the year award. The margin at the very very top of the game is very tight.

How many chances did Ronaldihno have (Some say he is the best player ever which is nonesense!)

He is a world class player and probably the only player close to Ronaldihno for title of the best player in the world

AS said before he would walk into ANY team in the world and that inculdes Brazil!

Stupid thread. Please lock it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Stekelly wrote:

I'd say it was just one - the first one in the opening few minutes. The second was from a tight angle, the defender was closing him down and it was really just a half-chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭lili

gandalf wrote:
    Oh no here we go again !!!

yes, sorry:D

well, i'm a frenchy, so you guess that i'm not very happy to hear that henry could be a choker.
    i wanted the opinion of people here because in the football site i use to go the question is still asked after the final. as i could be biased because my nationality i wanted to be sure that i'm not blind and don't wear french glasses.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement