Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Midi Drums

• 25-05-2006 1:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭

Is there anyway i can eq the each midi drum seperately?

Lets say i have my drums programmed in with Drumkit from hell or Groove agent and i want to seperately add reverb to individual drums. Whats the best way to do this? Mostly want to Eq bass drum and toms etc

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭squibs

I don't use those tools, I use jamstix, but it should be the same principle. I assume that when you have your drum track ready that you can "print" it to a midi track? If so, your sequencer will probably have a tool/macro to split notes to different tracks, so you have one note (or drum) per midi track. If not - do it manually - select all instance of each note one at a time, copy em and paste em to a new midi track. Then record each one to an audio track indivually, at which point you can EQ each drum to taste.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

What sequencer are you using??

If youre using Live, Impulse is best for this. You can set each drum sample to different outputs.

As far as VSTs go, I dont know DKFH. NI Battery will let you output each drum sample to different audio tracks.

Advertisement