Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT Ireland Customer Acquisition Hits The Wall in 2006

Options
  • 25-05-2006 1:33pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭

I am not surprised .

May 2005 . BT Results Announced
    We are experiencing good growth in the broadband area," said Maloney. "We now have 35,000 broadband customers as well as 100,000 internet dial-up customers who are fast replacing dial-up with broadband.

May 2006. BT Results Announced
    BT currently claims 35,000 Irish broadband customers compared to 31,000 last year.

Now either they told porkies last year or else they persuaded their notorious billing system to crap out 4000 phantom customers or halve some double bills in order that they could grow their BB customers by ...is that 0% or 13% in a best possible case but only once they did some pruning on the billing system it seems .

13% growth in that best possible case means they over reported their subscribers by 4000 last year .

This Shocker is 100% to do with utterly crap CS and criminally if not fraudulently bad billing and 0% to do with their Techs either the Network ones or the Support gang. BT produces a technically excellent product which is as good as anyone else and better than most.

The overall Bitstream DSL market grew as follows over the 1st 3 quarters of that year which was reported by BT .
    Total Broadband Subscribers				

Q1 05	Q2 05	Q3 05	Q4 05

DSL 	[B]128,000[/B]	141,000	167,300	[B]202,300[/B]

Therefore while the overall Bitstream DSL market added 70000 new subscribers to show growth of 58% in 3 quarters ( and excluding the first quarter of this year ) BT with LLU and Bitstream DSL Variants showed growth of 0% or 13% despite having by far the best pricing over a whole year .

BT . PLEASE DO SOMETHING about your CS and Billing

I BEG YOU

I BEG YOU

I BEG YOU

And to think that this forum is now 5 years old and that it all came about because of a another notorious BT CS Cockup , that over SNL :( .

Advertisement