Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wood Pellet Storage Setup

• 25-05-2006 1:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭

Hi All

I am currently setting up a wood pellet bulk storage in my shed.

I just wanted to get some views on it.

I will be filling the 300KG hopper from this tank manually for the moment

What I am doing is putting 8X4 plywood on the back and sides of the shed and a 4 foot high wall on the front then covering it with plywood. Does this sound like it would be sufficent to hold the pellets. The shed is a steel shed 20X8. So I am using the back section of the shed. Because I am loading the pellets manually into the hopper I would need to be able to remove the lid, could this be hinged or does it have to screwed down.

I have to get a connection to allow the lorry to blow the pellets into the storage area. Can someone tell me the exact name of the connection.

Also what should I put in as vents. What size pipe etc.

What type of pipes should I use to go from the shed to the hot water cylinder inside in the house. its about 12 Meters.

Thanks
    Michael

Advertisement