Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bit o Advice

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Nice!!! Buy private, it works out cheaper!! FOr around 3k tho I would imagine there is not alot around to warrent the price!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭Paul (MN)

When on a lowish budget you need to make sure that the usual consumables aren't going to cost you, in addition to the car being in generally good nick.

Check the condition of:

- exhaust (might cost you €150 per section)
    - shocks (€150/pair)
    - tyres (€60 each)
    - battery (€60)
    - timing belt change due? €200+
    - radiator condition

These things could easily add up to a significant amount.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

For that kind of price range a trip to Merlin Car Auctions might be of value. I've attached a list of all cars sold for 2-3k in Feb of this year to give you an idea. Bear in mind some additional fees would have to be paid to the auction house. and with it being an auction, its very much sold as seen. Best of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 mz

Bearing in mind what Paul says I think that is great value - I am nearly sure Seat have a Volkswagen engine which is good and the mileage is pretty low...good luck!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Seat Ibiza's do have a VW engine!! There was a thread here about the garda auctions they are held every tuesday night, why not go to there and pick something up??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

A seat Ibiza is basically a VW Polo in all but name... and price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭john_g83

Hey lads, cheers for all the good advice, really appreciated. Juan Pablo thanks for those prices, looks to be some excellent value there. Where are these guys located, and when do they have auctions?

Advertisement