Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overclocking

Options
  • 25-05-2006 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭

OK, I just receive oblivion today, and I had a little go before I had to get back to some work. It seems to play fine when I'm indoors, but i think my 6600gt will struggle a bit when I get outside.

My card comes with a v-tuner (I assume most come with a similar programme) that allows me to change core and memory clock speeds. Currently, they are set to 500 Mhz (600 max 270 min) and 1000 Mhz (2000 max 970 min). I dont really understand what the function of either of these are and what difference it will make if I tamper with them. I have put them up to max before (different game), only for the computer to crash.

Advice/enlightenment appreciated.
    Thanks

AMD Athlon 64 3000+ (2GHz) - no OC
    1gig ram
    6600gt 128mb

Advertisement