Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Azrael

Options
  • 25-05-2006 2:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭

To me, Azrael was one of the best characters in the business for a while. The writing and characters were epic if not a little silly at times but the general view for me was that this could be amazing. The sword of Azrael and the first annual were fantastic. The idea that the one person that could actual beat Batman in a straight up fight was under his wing to a certain degree but he could easily be swayed in the wrong direction was excellent. Then they went and killed him. I've just finished reading the 100 issues of "Azrael" the straight up comic and i have to say its fecking awful. Dennis O'neill needs a clatter across the ears for ruining this idea. It jumped around so badly throwing ideas out hoping they would stick it fell right on its face. Bar maybe 5 issues of decent solid worksmanship it was a disgrace. i was actually glad they "killed" him.
    The rich history and background to draw from set him apart immediatly from 99% of other "superheros" of the day. but hes dead and im glad.
    I only hope they can pull an "animal man" and bring him back to his former if not brief glory. the improvements that could be made are immense.

rant over. im just dissapointed they ruined one of my favourite characters.
    The suit changes alone were disgusting.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Brother To God

I loved old Azbat!!when his own comic came along ,it started ok,every issue i picked up ,i held it staring at the cover thinking," its gonna be gud,its gonna be gud" the shame is it never was,it only got worse,i lost all intrest before the last few issues.why did they do it to him?? an instresting character turned into a cheap nut!

Advertisement