Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hi, my name is Trojan, and I have a problem

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

5 months? WTH? Thats not a problem.... try since release!

So any way what class did you roll?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

I held out for a couple months.. finally gave in just before 1.9.

I am druid... nelf style.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

5 months, ... how about 11 months here...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

I warned you.
    Heed damn you, heed!

Is the other one still lvl11 after 6 months?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

*cough*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

My life ended November '04.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

HI TROJAN!

Welcome to the group. There's some coffee and oreos in the corner.

I kicked my habit though, I've been totally clean for a while now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

koneko wrote:
    HI TROJAN!

Welcome to the group. There's some coffee and oreos in the corner.

I kicked my habit though, I've been totally clean for a while now

Please don't offer Trojan coffee
    he has a very addictive personality

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

Oh god another druid.... bet your feral and all.

Being Night Elf is unforgivable mate, honestly is... Next thing you'll say you have a female gnome alt with pink hair called candy, flossy, or some name ending in a "i", "y" or "ie".

For the Herd!!!

I need a coffee!!

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

Damn them and their Warcrack.

Can't help the race I'm afraid, I wanted druid and Alliance (friends there), so I didn't have a choice.

But yes, I am quite feral, 0/30/21 (which rules in PvP)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Where did you lose it? I'll avenge you.

Someone who took the "crack" literally.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

another twat with my warden staff! when will the insults end..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭So Glad

I have spent a few weeks now on WoW. Love the game so much but I knew what I was letting myself into. I kept on repeating in my head the possible social consiquences of buying this game but I have leveled it out quite well ie: leaving the house from time to time. :D Although I'm still prone to sleepless nights of grinding. :(

I'm a level 37 Human Warrior by the name of (guess what?) Soglad.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

im dry about a month now,
    every so often i get the urge especially around e3 with the whole announcments and what not,
    but seriously it is possible to kick it.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Returned to it after a long break. Stopped playing in March '05 (got a job). Was L43. The average level was 23. Now everyone is L60 and there's noone to group with.... It's very odd... I remember when thick leather was 1g 30s a stack median!!

Now am focused on grinding out those last 15 levels. 2.5 down in the past week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

zomg Al plays wow?

Wonders will never cease. Im like bern, an addict since US release. welcome to the club al, its a neverending world of more more more.

Having said that, my pc is knackered atm and im going cold turkey.

I know Lee, I know. Luckily for me I play a gimped class which has absolutely no scaleability post-60, so in just another few short months I'll be p!ssed off enough to quit.

Respec'd again last night, 13/33/5, tank spec. Doesn't have as much survivability in BG pvp, but does decent damage for 1-1.

• Advertisement

Trojan wrote:
    I know Lee, I know. Luckily for me I play a gimped class which has absolutely no scaleability post-60, so in just another few short months I'll be p!ssed off enough to quit.

Respec'd again last night, 13/33/5, tank spec. Doesn't have as much survivability in BG pvp, but does decent damage for 1-1.
    Such lies!

If you put time into getting the right gear a druid can pretty much do everything the other classes can do.

All that sets it apart really from the rest is that it has no agro reducing ability (ala Fade which Preists have), it has no sunts (ala Rogues) and it has no real AE taunt (afaik, may be wrong).

Looking at the obvious they are slightly more gimped than preists or rogues but with the right kit you can out heal preists and out dps rogues, fact.

Tanks are amazing. I have a level 38 warrior and I have been mainly using duel wield and two handed weapons but recently I was told to tank and I used a very good shield I had in the bank. Needless to say I haven't died yet and I have done several runs of Scarlet Monastary and I am always asked to do instances. So cool.

I disagree, it's not lies. We can tank well, and heal very well. Other than that, we don't scale.

Epic any-other-class beats epic druid in pvp everytime (unless they're crap).
    PvP ranked any-other-class beats pvp-ranked feral and balance druids (again with the disclaimers).

Druid epics are almost all +healing (some pathetic +dmg for balance druids).
    Cenarion - tier 1 MC
    Stamina - 136
    Intellect - 158
    Spirit - 112
    +Healing - 125
    +spell dmg- 27
    Mp5 sec - 18
    %crit w/ spells - 3%
    3: Damage dealt by Thorns increased by 4 and duration increased by 50%.
    5: Improves your chance to get a critical strike with spells by 2%.
    8: Reduces the cooldown of your Tranquility and Hurricane spells by 50%.

Stormrage - tier 2 BWL/Rag/Ony
    Stamina - 122
    Intellect - 177
    Spirit - 103
    +Healing - 275
    Mp5 sec - 20
    %crit w/ spells - 2%
    3: Allows 15% of your Mana regeneration to continue while casting.
    5: Reduces the casting time of your Regrowth spell by 0.2 sec.
    8: Increases the duration of your Rejuvenation spell by 3 sec.

Genesis - tier 2.5 AQ
    Strength - 67
    Agility - 63
    Stamina - 97
    Intellect - 95
    Spirit - 44
    +Healing/dmg - 122
    Mp5 sec - 11
    %crit w/ spells - 1%
    %crit melee - 2&
    3: +150 Armor.
    3: Increased Defense +15.
    5: Reduces the cooldown of Rebirth by 10 minutes.

Dreamwalker - tier 3 Naxxramas
    Stamina - 158
    Intellect - 189
    Spirit - 114
    +Healing - 420
    Mp5 sec - 35
    %crit w/ spells - 0
    2: Your Rejuvenation ticks have a chance to restore 60 mana, 8 energy, or 2 rage to your target.
    4: Reduces the mana cost of your Healing Touch, Regrowth, Rejuvenation, and Tranquility spells by 3%.
    6: Your initial cast and Regrowth ticks will increase the maximum health of your target by up to 50, stacking up to 7 times.
    8: On Healing Touch critical hits, you regain 30% of the mana cost of the spell.

There is no decent feral gear at epic level - the one half-decent feral chest piece (pvp r13) is getting nerfed (though balance druids will be happier with it).
    Anything that is suitable for feral has a queue of rogues lined up.

I can beat a non-epic rogue in my tank gear (and laugh at his backstab crits me for 400 through 12,000 armor), a non-epic warrior in my +int gear (kites), mage (kitty) and a non-epic hunter (sleep, root, dead-zone cast). Most others will own.

The problem is, when they get better gear which gives a constant improvement, the druid curve seriously drops away. As their gear scales all classes own druids.

All that said, I tanked Kurinnaxx yesterday and outdamaged the warriors, and the only problems we had was I had way too much aggro for them to pull him off me. So, we rock as tanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Who are you fooling Lee? you're whipped and so your woman banned you from games with the threat of a nookie shortage.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭wardie214

wardie214 wrote:

That is so true. I want to play World of Warcraft now....

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

As do I!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭joe_chicken

wardie214 wrote:

This pretty much sums up every saturday afternoon for me :)

• Advertisement

Don't be fooled by the purple name, there are alot of really nice blue pieces which are good for dps. Also don't just look at set pieces, they are designed for the role Blizzard want you do end game.

If your looking for epic dps gear heres a quick list...

http://wow.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?witem=21268
    http://wow.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?witem=19405
    http://wow.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?witem=21665
    http://wow.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?witem=21455
    http://wow.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?witem=19406
    http://wow.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?witem=19945
    http://wow.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?witem=20627
    http://wow.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?witem=21493

Obviously some of these will be contested with a rogue, but imo if something is heavy on Strength its a druid item as 1Str = 2ap for a druid. Also for armor items most rogues will be content with their set pieces and not go for many items outside it (trinkets, rings etc are a different story)

Advertisement