Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Re:Tar remover

Options
  • 25-05-2006 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭

Are all tar removers the same,another words am I as well to just pick some up in Halfords

Thks Cubix

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭AlanD

cubix wrote:
    Are all tar removers the same,another words am I as well to just pick some up in Halfords

Thks Cubix

I've found that most are rubbish but the best beyond any doubt is parafin oil that you burn for central heating. Just dip in and get a jar of it. Dab it on, yet it soak, you'll see it start to streak soon. Rub all spots off with the same cloth and then start polishing.

Trust me, I've done this 100s of times and it works every time without fail. Although it's a bit more messy and takes a bit more work but it's a whole lot better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭BoozyBabe

Also, ordinary bog standard petrol does the trick just as well.

Also done it lots of times, no worries there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭le-dub

I had some tar on my car and went to halfords and bought some crap, it worked great. You spray it on and leave it for 1minute and rub away, can't remember the name though.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Petrol or parafin both work fine.

Make sure you wash it off properly however.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

White spirit is the best I've found and its safer than petrol.

'cptr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

WD40 does the trick too. although you have to get it off afterwards

• Registered Users Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

Great tip for getting tree sap off your car: Rub the tree sap with a bit of margarine. The sap pretty much dissolves away. Sounds strange but it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

White spirit is the best I've found and its safer than petrol.

'cptr

Agree 100% .........I never use anything else!

Silvera
    (Ex-Panel Beater).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭cubix

Thanks everyone very much appreciated;) ;);)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bamboozled

Great tip for getting tree sap off your car: Rub the tree sap with a bit of margarine. The sap pretty much dissolves away. Sounds strange but it works.
    Thanks! That stuff drives us all insane in my house. Will try it next time.

• Advertisement
Advertisement