Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A reason to go to Cork?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bamboozled

I find the drivers a hell of a lot better up there than down here but then again i did learn to drive in dublin :D

Love the shops, and the aggessiveness nesf mentioned i have experienced from pedestians - i dont see it in Cork. You'd get a howya or a smile stll from a stranger passing you on patrick street, though its a more common occurrance outside the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

In Cork it's odd. They seem to know their place better or something. ;)

It is definitely different in some areas. I'm just thinking of the city centres here as a comparisson between the cities for me since I would rarely be elsewhere tbh.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Bamboozled wrote:
    I find the drivers a hell of a lot better up there than down here but then again i did learn to drive in dublin :D

Love the shops, and the aggessiveness nesf mentioned i have experienced from pedestians - i dont see it in Cork. You'd get a howya or a smile stll from a stranger passing you on patrick street, though its a more common occurrance outside the city.

:D If I walked down O'Connel street and said 'howiyeh' to a complete stranger id get a very strange look. Those days are long gone. We Dubs are too busy getting rich:p Cork will be interesting, I hear its a favourite for the Brits aswell:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bamboozled

I'm considering both the city centres in both places, and the towns/villiages in both.

And that smile on a street, and the fastpaced aggressiveness is something that has hugely stood out to me.

So darkman when you're down here, smile at a stranger. :D
    They'll think you're a local!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭\m/_(>_<)_\m/

darkman2 wrote:
    Dublin's ten times the size of Cork, Corks a village in comparison. Dublin = only real city in Ireland and the one true Capital. I think alot of ppl would go to Cork to get away from the big rush for a few days. Of course I don't mean Cork is small in a bad way. In my veiw that's probrably one of its best attributes:p

poor, poor attempt. are they all as transparent as you up in dumpland.
    you'll need to up your game when ya get down to "the peoples republic"

we wouldn't want yet another case of the city slicker been caught by the ould culchy

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

poor, poor attempt. are they all as transparent as you up in dumpland.
    you'll need to up your game when ya get down to "the peoples republic"

we wouldn't want yet another case of the city slicker been caught by the ould culchy

Youve got a serious chip on your shoulder. What are you so jealous of? :rolleyes: Anyhow are you saying Cork isnt safe?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

darkman2 wrote:
    Youve got a serious chip on your shoulder. What are you so jealous of? :rolleyes: Anyhow are you saying Cork isnt safe?

Eh, it's as dangerous as anywhere else in Ireland at 4am on a Saturday night ;)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

AFAIK police are still looking for that ear that was bitten off in Paul Street early one Sunday morning... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

they know where the ear is gone now.
    the mini metallers offered it to the dark lord in return of a new slayer cd.
    then they went into the gingerbread house for a pot of tea and over priced pizza.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

the streets of Cork are patrolled by lifeguards

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6XZuObvyrk&search=baywatch+cork

• Advertisement
Advertisement