Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hypersensitivity after filing?

• 25-05-2006 5:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭

Ok i'm just looking for opinions. Probably going to be headin back to the dentist soon.

I had a wisdom tooth out recently, to extract it they had to remove the large filling from the tooth infront of it.
    AFter having a temporary filing for a couple of weeks, they re-filled this back tooth (huge filing)
    This was about a month ago.
    Lately things have gotten a bit dodge back there.
    The tooth has become increasingly sensitive to heat and cold and last weekend i felt an infection setting in.
    But after a good brushing and hot salt water soak, that subsided.
    Today the tooth is still really sensitive to heat/cold but also when i chew on it, it feels like it's bruised or something.
    Basically i can't chew on that side of my mouth.
    So i'm probably heading back to the dentist but since it's been eons since i've had a tooth filed, maybe i'm over reacting and maybe some of this sensitivity is normal. Thought i'd post here to see what you'd have to say.

I'm thinking he's gonna say Root Canal, then i'm gonna say, pull the fecker!
    But what really sucks is that the whole reason i had the wisdom tooth out, is so i can save this back tooth (wisdom tooth was impacted against it).

Advertisement