Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who should be members in the new D-X?

• 25-05-2006 5:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭

I figured it would be a good idea to add a poll to see who everyone would like to see feature as part of the new D-X.

It's a multiple choice poll and I've included what I consider to be the most likely contenders, besides HBK and Triple H obviously.

I've gone for X-Pac to give it that old-school feel, Nitro with Melina to give it a new school feel and Carlito as he has the mic skills and charisma to bring a lot to the group. I think he could play off Melina really well too.

Who would you go for though?

Who should be members in the new D-X? 100 votes

Carlito
    0%
    Charlie Haas
    18%
    nasty_crashjongorexzodia20 Times 20 TimesThe BullMr.Nice GuyTerrygafarrellKioFirewalkwithmebaldi1212HoodletdvpaulrLivingDeadSualtamSm0keKeith C 18 votes
    Chris Masters
    17%
    Winning HandMossy MonkBorderfoxChongCactus ColoakersFozzyjongoreevad_lhorgDoctorEdgeWildStalfosevil_seedBaldiedemanAnto McCKeith CJmac24128 17 votes
    X-Pac
    5%
    Winning Handsuper_furryDoctorEdgeWildandymanAnto McC 5 votes
    Shelton Benjamin
    12%
    20 Times 20 Timesevad_lhorgMr.Nice GuyTerryStalfosirishcrazyhorsedemanJ.R.HARTLEYSm0keNature BoyAmorphous HeadJmac24128 12 votes
    Johnny Nitro (w/Melina)
    10%
    Winning Handsuper_furryV9TOPDAWGDoctorEdgeWildandymanHoodlepaulrAnto McCRealJohn 10 votes
    Edge (w/Lita)
    23%
    super_furryoakersFozzyThe BullMr.Nice GuyTerryStalfosFirewalkwithmeZipVince135792003evil_seedirishcrazyhorseBaldieJ.R.HARTLEYslicus ricusLivingDeadSualtamSm0kecastagnolidharney 23 votes
    Ric Flair
    10%
    Mossy Monkevad_lhorgandymanTerrygafarrellthe flananatorpaulrLivingDeadLita ForeverAnto McC 10 votes
    Big Show
    5%
    Winning Handsuper_furrydinjobaldi1212Nature Boy 5 votes
    Other
    0%

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Chris Masters
    Tough one there Mr. Nice Guy , I have to say I wud like to see Charlie Haas get in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

Edge (w/Lita)
    i think that too many of the well established guys like carlito and shelton could suffer from being branded as dx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Edge (w/Lita)
    Melina and Johnny Nitro for me.

Someone like Carlito could do well in the group too. But I think he can get over by himself without taking the spot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Edge (w/Lita)
    The only ones I could see fitting into DX are Johnny Nitro and Charlie Haas. Although I'm starting to think at this point that it might be best if they didn't keep it as a long term thing, just have it as HHH and HBK for a little while

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭the sunbabe wan

why oh why is ric flair in that list???? :rolleyes: what role would flair have in dx???? been there done that.. my picks have to be nitro with melina, haas. that would be a done group, why put carlito, i think he's doing well on his own

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭evil_seed

Edge (w/Lita)
    Nothing will ever touch the old DX. i voted for , Hass, Nitro w Meilina and other. I think the other that would be a good look is MAtt Hardy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Edge (w/Lita)
    why oh why is ric flair in that list???? :rolleyes: what role would flair have in dx???? been there done that..

I wouldn't like to see it myself but he is friends with HBK and Triple H and it wouldn't surprise me if they had him going around telling the divas to suck it. :D

Let's hope not. Charlie Haas is a good candidate alright. I could see them giving him a 'Kiss my Haas' catchphrase or something along those lines.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

Edge (w/Lita)
    Haas could be would work well with D-X but there is no one on that list with as good mic skills as Road Dogg and there isn't even anyone on RAW with those skill as well imo.

Edge (w/Lita)
    Someone tell me whats so special about Charlie Hass.

I can see he can wrestle. Not exceptionally but he's very solid. But in terms of personality, charisma and overall presence, I really think he's lacking big time in the ring and on the mic.

Edge (w/Lita)
    Charlie Haas is excellent! I've always felt that he's better than Shelton, and with the way people have been going on about Shelton in the last year, it's kinda pissed me off that Charlie wasn't around for anything like that. I think Haas is better in the ring than Shelton, although I know some people don't feel that way. He's obviously a lot better on the mic than Shelton though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭b0bsquish

my vote goes for CM Punk, althou with the heat between him and HHH I cant see it happen somehow... Still I live in Hope!

Edge (w/Lita)
    Punk would be wasted in DX. He's better as a heel, and he'd be perfect for ECW

Edge (w/Lita)
    Fozzy wrote:
    Charlie Haas is excellent! I've always felt that he's better than Shelton, and with the way people have been going on about Shelton in the last year, it's kinda pissed me off that Charlie wasn't around for anything like that. I think Haas is better in the ring than Shelton, although I know some people don't feel that way. He's obviously a lot better on the mic than Shelton though

Give me a match preferably singles in his 2 year run in the WWE that I should watch. Convert me! Leaving the Shelton comparison aside, I geuninely don't see him being anymore than a Hardcore Holly. Good wrestler but nothing that seperates him from anybody else. Apologies for dragging this thread the wrong way.

Edge (w/Lita)
    I'm not great at remembering specific matches, but I remember him bein one of my favourites on SD when he was wrestlin the likes of Rhyno, Benoit and the Guerreros. He more than held his own with them. I saw a few great matches he had in the last year too, if you're able to check out any of them against Jay Lethal, Low Ki or Xavier, you'd probably think a bit more of him

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

Charlie Haas
    i said carlito and rvd! i know there already well established as single competitors but it would be cool to really boost their ratings! With RVD already having money in the bank and the ic title it would pave the way for d-x domination!! I think it would be really cool anyways

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Ric Flair
    flair would be great as a spokesman as he is one of the greatest wrestlers on the mic, but i think it's too soon for him to re-unite with HHH.
    carlito, as he can wrestle and is good on the mic too.
    big show? i don't know. yeah, he would be great as the muscle, but he could be used better on smackdown.
    RVD, but only if he doesn't get the belt. i think D-x will only work if HBK or HHH have the belt.
    definitely edge/ lita and nitro/melina.

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Winning Hand

Big Show
    Haas and benjamin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Jmac24128

Edge (w/Lita)
    Hass and nitro!!! perfect for DX

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Kio

Charlie Haas
    i voted for carlito and other them being matt hardy
    randy orton and rob van dam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭deman

Shelton Benjamin
    Haas and XPac. I know Haas has got his critics but I think this is what is needed to establish his career.

Flair, no. I know it's his forte to be part of a dominating group but I can't see him and HHH getting back together again for a while, even though in reality, they're great friends.

• Advertisement

Edge (w/Lita)
    deman wrote:
    but I can't see him and HHH getting back together again for a while, even though in reality, they're great friends.

I'd find Flair a lot more believable than HHH getting back with Shawn though..

Advertisement