Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

List of Irish Game Retailers

Options
  • 25-05-2006 7:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭

I'm trying to come up with a list of games retailers in Ireland for a little project me and a few friends are working on. Here are the ones I've thought of so far:

GAME
    Dixons
    Currys
    PC World
    Virgin
    HMV
    Smyths Toys
    Harvey Norman
    Xtravision
    Argos
    Gamestop

Can anyone think of any others? I doubt I've them all there.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Tesco?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

Compustore/Cantec

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Azureus! :D I kid.

I find Game serves all my game purchasing needs. And that doesn't mean its the best choice, I probably use it because its the most obvious one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Is there a Gamestation in Dublin? Could be wrong.
    Lemlin wrote:
    I'm trying to come up with a list of games retailers in Ireland for a little project me and a few friends are working on.
    What's your project about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭Dermington

Zillah wrote:
    I find Game serves all my game purchasing needs. And that doesn't mean its the best choice, I probably use it because its the most obvious one.

Just so you are aware:

Game is a lot more expensive that smyths, they keep their prices high for longer and they dont get stuff in any faster than anywhere else.

So if possible make them stick to that stupid price promise idea or go to Smyths.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

On another note...Anyone notice that Virgin has gone seriously downhill regards their pc game selection? The cork store has a completely ****e selection...the only games worth noticing are collectors editions of Guild Wars etc etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Yeah, if I don't buy something online, I'll usually buy it in Smyths. They're cheaper than Game, and if it's the first week or release, you get another 10% off with their (free) card. Even if Game will pricematch Smyths' price, you still get another 10% off in Smyths so it's still cheaper (unless the game has been out more than 1 week).

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

World of Wonder
    Toy Master
    And all good record stores… (not a name!)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Smyths sometimes don't have the rarities in stock. Had to hand over money to those thieving swines in Game for Ikaruga when it was released.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Bob Lawblaw

Gamestop has the best pre-owned game prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Game are incredibly expensive

I get all I need from www.play.com

Generally delivered with 5 working days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

SofaKing wrote:

What's your project about?

All will be revealed on the 16th of July :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

No Gamestation in Ireland unfortunately. Only the UK. Getting my fix of retro gaming when I go for a quick visit to lovely old Brum. One thing Ireland really lacks.

Game Exchange

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I can't understand why anybody who has a credit card would buy new games in the shops here, the price difference is ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Stephen wrote:
    I can't understand why anybody who has a credit card would buy new games in the shops here, the price difference is ridiculous.

Either can I TBH but there are always going to be parents and children who know no better, people without a credit card and those who are willing to pay a bit extra not to have to wait a few days on a game.

Advertisement