Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb - misleading advertising

• 25-05-2006 7:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭

Digiweb are advertising there metro BB product as being available in many major cities and towns throughout this country. I live in Dublin 13, about 8 miles north of dublin city centre. I ordered metro lite and within a week the Digiweb engineers visited, did a signal check and then declared broadband not available.

Digiweb should revise their advertising to include a 'subject to availability' as it is currently misleading and in effect, false advertising.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

I live in Dublin 6 and I can't get Digiweb either. After being Eircom customers at my old address, the wif and I were looking for a better alternative and when we rang up to order Digiweb everything seemed great with the customer service and the speed of installation. However, when the technician came by today, he said that because there are a few tall apartment buildings between ourselves and their broadband tower or whatever you want to call it, we can't get a signal. Now we have to go through poxy Eircom again to get a landline connection as there is no phoneline connected in the house at the moment.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

JJ wrote:
    I live in Dublin 6 and I can't get Digiweb either. After being Eircom customers at my old address, the wif and I were looking for a better alternative and when we rang up to order Digiweb everything seemed great with the customer service and the speed of installation. However, when the technician came by today, he said that because there are a few tall apartment buildings between ourselves and their broadband tower or whatever you want to call it, we can't get a signal. Now we have to go through poxy Eircom again to get a landline connection as there is no phoneline connected in the house at the moment.
    Would NTL not be an option for you?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,841 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Sorry to hear that bibibobo, but you have found the limitations of wireless technology.

In fairness is not like Digiweb has taken any money off you and it isn't like they don't want your custom, it is just that no BB technology is perfect, they tried their best and failed, can't ask for more then that, it is definitely a lot more then Eircom would do for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

bibibobo wrote:
    Digiweb are advertising there metro BB product as being available in many major cities and towns throughout this country. I live in Dublin 13, about 8 miles north of dublin city centre. I ordered metro lite and within a week the Digiweb engineers visited, did a signal check and then declared broadband not available.

Digiweb should revise their advertising to include a 'subject to availability' as it is currently misleading and in effect, false advertising.

Of course it's subject to availability, why do you think a signal check took place?, like bk said, they did their best to give you the service, a damn sight more than Eircom would have done.

It's not false advertising, that's something like Red Bull claiming to give you wings..... hold on a minute, I drank a can the other day and didn't grow a pair, I'm going to sue!.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Were Smart not recently in trouble over something similar and told that they should endorse their ads subject to availability?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

byte wrote:
    Would NTL not be an option for you?

Nope, I asked them and they're not available in my area. NTL would be mighty handy too as my pooter is located in the same corner of our living as the cable point.

Advertisement