Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom broadband minimum RAM requirement

• 25-05-2006 8:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I can't find this info anywhere on the eircom site.

Will eircom broadband work with a basic laptop with 256MB of RAM?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Yes, definitely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 hagi_complex

Thanks, that's what I thought.

A mate bought a laptop from Dell recently. She only uses Word and Excel and so went for the cheapest model going.

The salesgirl told her that broadband wouldn't work with anything less than 512MB and tried to force her into buying an upgrade. I thought she was being fed a bunch of crap and you've confirmed it for me. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

I used an old 266MHz P2 with 64MB of RAM on a broadband connection recently and all was fine....but the RAM fills up quickly when browseing media rich sites and 512MB would be more up to the task....but by no means a must!

Salesgirl getting someone to spend more more....not way!!!

Advertisement