Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Annoyed for no particular reason!

• 25-05-2006 8:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Ok, kind of a long one (actually, nonsensical) but please bear with me. Ages ago, i fancied a girl for ages, told her and what have you but nothing ever came of it, then, a year or so ago, we were out with a gang of mates, everyone got absolutely hammered and she ended up going home with some guy, completely regretting it the next day.

not that i minded, because I had finally gotten over her (or so I thought) the next night however, we somehow kissed, and have been with each other since and it's been great. now, I know this is remarkably stupid but occasionally I remember about that guy and I get sooo angry it's not even funny (even though I don't usually do the whole anger thing), it's kept me up at night sometimes.

Now, I'm not angry at her at all (not that much of a tool) but sometimes I just can't get it out of my head, I mean I know she's been with at least one guy other than this one (an ex-boyfriend) but this other guy just gets my goat!

Had to vent this, if anyone has any idea how to forget about it, please help!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭mysterious

To put into a clear perspective,

You are more angry with yourself than the other two, You might not be aware of it...That's why you're venting because you didn't take the opportunity when it came around, perfectly normal feeling.

There is nothing more frustrating than letting yourself down, or blowing a chance a way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭ST*

Shy wrote:
    I mean I know she's been with at least one guy other than this one (an ex-boyfriend) but this other guy just gets my goat!Had to vent this, if anyone has any idea how to forget about it, please help!

It's taken her some time to get to where you are at to be honest. She probably won't understand this, so you better deal with it. Reacting in a jealous manner may not be the best thing if you want to stay with her. Think positively. She is with you now isn't she? Stop with the ifs, buts, ands etc. Give her a chance to prove herself to you. Finding the right partner is a process of elimination for most people, while others seem to know what the want / need in a partner. Give her a chance OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 oane

awe sweety thats sounds awful it must be bugging you no end... i dont really understand why it is that you are so angry she wasnt with you at the time she is a grown women and can do what she wants and it is in the past...
    i do have one theory tho: you have liked this girl for ages and have asked her out and has turned you down... your possible mad coz she could turn you down without giving you a chance yet go off with this guy only after a couple of drinks.... and in the back of your head your probably thinking what made her so no to me and not to that other idiot!!!

but honey you have nothing to worry about think of it this way this fabulous women is with you now everything you wanted unless you dont want her beacuse as you said you got over her maybe everything isnt what you though it would be ??? and now your finding ways of venting but without dealing with the issue have a good think and try figure out what exactly id irritating you ???
    xxx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

You're exactly right oane, I keep on thinking: was he better at sex, kissing, whatever, (typical guy thing I'd imagine) even though she's chosen me...and the worst of all, every now and then I get the image of her having sex with that guy in my head which just starts a viscous cycle, image->angry->more detailed image->angrier etc!
    As for the me not fully being into her, I'm pretty certain I am, at the time, I had finally come to terms with not being with her, "getting" her out of the blue was a nice surprise to say the least!

it might be down to the fact that our relationship is a little weird: we'd been housemates for a couple of months before we got together, & for a week or two she told me she didn't want to go out with me. it turns out that she's really scared (as was I when I realised it) that we're going out, living together etc, & we're only ~21!. now we're together, but not saying it, if you know what I mean...maybe I'm after the title of boyfriend/girlfriend, you know make it official & all that.

Thanks everyone for simply letting me put this out there, it's definately helping me. If anyone has any more ideas, please let me know!

Advertisement