Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What did you study?

Options
  • 25-05-2006 9:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭

Or indeed, what are you studying in LIT?

I did business studies and computer applications from 1997 to 2000. Repeated 2nd year, and didnt do much better 2nd time round.

I would be very interested to see are there any users here who I know.

Gary

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Well I dont think I know you Gimmick but I have just finished a degree in Information Systems.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,490 ✭✭✭sioda

Info systems 1997 - 2001

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Brother To God

I did Environmental science,Chemistry ans Analytical studies from 1999 to 2002 ! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

Just finished info sys too, i heard that the course is no more they are moving all CP1's into SD2 and not taking in any students into cp1. Its about time cus the course is a bit outdated

• Registered Users Posts: 8 igorked

doing 3rd year in electronics,getting my cert this friday

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭Chopperdog

4th Year Quantity Surveying, just getting ready for the finals.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 47 pauloc

has anyone done science in construction? if so whats it like?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

I studied communications...1999-2002 what a waste of time that was...knew more than the lecturers

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

I got my degree in Info Systems in 2003
    Although in 1st & 2nd year the course was called Applied Computing. 3rd was Software Engineering and finally 4th year became Information Systems! :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 lexia

I did Software Development (first year of the course so they made all mistakes with us :D ), 1998 - 2002.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Lore

I'm in the 2nd year of Software Development at the moment, we're the pilot group for the new syllabus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Tech3

did 3yrs in electronics 2003-2006, decent course if your prepared to do a lot of work.A lot of hours about 30 a week every yr.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

Music Technology and Production

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭Cato

Video and sound technology, i would not recomend this to anyone stay well clear!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 130 ✭✭Armada

Also did Video & Sound Technology...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

Cato wrote: »
    Video and sound technology, i would not recomend this to anyone stay well clear!

I would agree with you 100% Cato I knew more than all off my lectures with exception to Mr.Wallace a true Gentleman and a man who seemed to generally know alot about any subject...a waste in the department

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Anto318

I did a Cert in Applied Computing, Diploma in IT Support and Degree in Computer Service Management finished in 06.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 ljojojo

Pharmaceutical and Forensic Analysis, Hons Degree, 2004-2008 - I loved it, but it's nothing like what they advertised!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 The Analyst

ljojojo wrote: »
    Pharmaceutical and Forensic Analysis, Hons Degree, 2004-2008 - I loved it, but it's nothing like what they advertised!

Did this course as well (2002 - 2006). Very few people from our class which was the first to graduate ended up in anything remotely related to forensics. In saying that, one girl got a job recently in the Medical Road Bureau service so i guess that's kinda similar. Majority are working in pharma labs or continuing study in Phd's or Masters!

All in all though, it is a good course as long as you face up to reality that you won't be doing CSI work of any kind afterwards. Basically its an Analytical Course which gives a good background in instruments, most graduates would find jobs easily (if available) in any testing lab here or abroad.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 ljojojo

Hey, you must know Bridget and Tony so!

Half of my class seems to be working in shops until they find something, only about 4 or 5 have gone on to do a postgrad, that's the way I've gone, and I'm getting paid to do it so it's grand!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 The Analyst

ljojojo wrote: »
    Hey, you must know Bridget and Tony so!

Half of my class seems to be working in shops until they find something, only about 4 or 5 have gone on to do a postgrad, that's the way I've gone, and I'm getting paid to do it so it's grand!

Ya i know Bridget and Tony. That's a shame that half are working in shops etc. If you can get your foot in the door its half the battle.

Advertisement