Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WebCam

• 25-05-2006 10:37pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭

Hi

Just a quick question. I got a Logitech QuickCam there today as a gift and I am running Suse 10.1 on my main desktop. Anyone any experience with setting up these. No results so far with google.

I have tried kopete and Xawtv to show it but with no luck. It is not twiging the usb device as a video source.

Any help appricated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭niallb

There's a hundred different cameras called Logitech Quickcam.
    Plug it in and type lsusb
    You should see a list of devices, and your unidentified camera should be there.
    Let us know the two numbers after the word ID.
    They define the type of camera it is much better than the brandname.
    There may be multiple lines

If you don't have lsusb, try this:
    cat /proc/bus/usb/devices | grep Vendor

NiallB

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

Not at home and router is on the blink so I can't get info from here.

It's a Logitech Quickcam Messenger Plus.

The system knows it's there and identifies it as a camera device

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭niallb

Do you also have a TV card?
    xawtv may need to be started with a -c /dev/video1 if you do.
    Otherwise, try changing the input on xawtv through the composite/TV menu.
    What does it give as options?

Take a look for camorama as another option.

Good luck,
    NiallB

Advertisement