Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't access Dublin City forum

Options
  • 26-05-2006 12:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 840 ✭✭✭

I post in the SOUTH REGION (Listowel and Ballybunion Forums).

Also in Dublin City forum:" News for Listowel people in Dublin"

Now I CAN'T access the Dublin City forum ( AFTER I log in )

The following is the message I get :

SandhillRoad, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_++_+_+_+_+_++

None of the above am I trying to do.

???????????????????????????????????????????????

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

you were banned from that forum for posting stuff which has nothing to do with dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 840 ✭✭✭SandhillRoad

Ok . I can understand that .
    BUT the problem is that when I am signed in I can't even access the Dublin City forum.
    Am I also banned from replying to a thread in that forum, if I wanted to?:confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Thats kinda the point behind banning someone ......

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Asok, stop confusing him!

SandhillRoad - you CAN reply to a thread on a forum you are not banned from, and you can OF COURSE access a forum that you are not banned from, you just have to be more persistant.

To access and reply to a thread in which one has not been banned from the containing forum - there is a 1% success rate. Unfortunately it's a glitch in the glibble.php sendform, I'm surprised it hasn't been fixed yet tbh.

Just keep trying and one time out of 100 you will get in. However, you need to log out first - log in - and then go to the forum you are banned from. If you don't get in you have to log out - log in - go to the forum etc etc etc.

So, just keep trying SandhillRoad.

(Unless of course you are actually banned from the forum of course in which case - no dice obviously)

Thanks for your replies and advice.

• Advertisement

How can I have the above mentioned forum 'locked ' / 'blocked' ?
    Seems like there are going to be so many just adding non essential remarks to the thread

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I've locked the thread.

Gordon wrote:
    I've locked the thread.
    GORDON,
    Thank you.
    sandhillroad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Oh sweet Aradia preserve us.

Advertisement