Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Thinking of importing van from UK!

Options
  • 26-05-2006 12:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭

Hello guys.

Just wondering what vans come under the category of a car derived van? I am lookng at buying a Berlingo/Partner/Combo van from the Uk and bringing it back here. The Ros site (https://www.ros.ie/VRTEnquiryServlet/showVRT) states that certain vans only require you to pay €50 to change them from UK to Irish.

Has anyone done this before for the above mentioned vans and if so, how much did ye pay?

All help appreciated!!

Cheers,

pgdavy

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Rudolph Claus

Partners/Berlingos arent derived vans, they are vans. Car derived vans are like Citroen xsara vans, toyota corolla vans, etc and they dont qualify for the E50 vrt i THINK.
    But the berlingo/Partners do as do lorries/trucks.
    I think thats right but other folk might know more.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

....and oddly, camper vans also qualify for the 50 quid VRT!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭pgdavy

Thanks for the tips guys!

Anyone else have any advice? I am seriously considering this as the price of vans here compared to the UK is big!

Has anyone here actually done this before and if so what sort of red tape is there?

Is it possible to do a few a year without having to register with VAT, etc?

Thanks in advance,

pgdavy

Advertisement