Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinions ?

Options
  • 26-05-2006 1:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭

Ive been wanting to get a tattoo for years but im waayyyy too picky. At first I was going to get something quite complex and original...maybe something I drew myself but I was so picky that it never happened. Because of this Ive decided to go with something simple...but im even being picky about that! I need your help to decide which would look best! Ive decided to go for the thundercats symbol because I was obsessed with it as a kid and I think its a really nice image too, im gonna get it on my arm/shoulder. Which of these do you think would look best ? Bare in mind that you will have to use your imagination a bit as I knocked these up in paint in about 30 seconds.

1) Standard
    black cat head with red circle
    th_02024_1.JPG

2) Standard with no red
    dont have a picture for this but basically, same as above but with no red...just a black outline of the circle.

3) No circle
    Black cat face with a red outline around it and in the eye...I think this is the one I like most because if I dont like it, I can always get a circle done around it later right ?
    th_02028_3.JPG

4) Circle outline red
    same as above but with an outline of a black circle around it, obviously the outline would be a good bit thicker than in the picture
    th_02030_4.JPG

5) Circle outline black
    same as above with an outline of a black circle around it, obivously the outline would be a good bit thicker again
    th_02032_5.JPG

6) Reverse colors
    Red circle with the cats head being left skin color
    th_02034_6.jpg

Help much appreciated! Am I being far too picky ?

p.s FEAR my pain skills.

Which one would look best? 9 votes

0%
    11%
    cutepape 1 vote
    33%
    garthvsnickerpussSean7 3 votes
    44%
    petesjcooteShayHTfuzzywiggle 4 votes
    0%
    11%
    Sollie 1 vote

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

No offense but you need to add none of the above.

Just because Cheetarah was foxy doesnt mean you should get a thundercat tatoo. Time to let go of your inner child.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

No offense but you need to add none of the above.

Just because Cheetarah was foxy doesnt mean you should get a thundercat tatoo. Time to let go of your inner child.

No offence taken, let go of my inner child ? but im only 12.

But seriously, I never found Cheetarah sexy, too much hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭Sean7

Are 4 and 5 the same? Black outline is best to avoid it blurring I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

A bit of advice from me would be to get a small bit of that red done somewhere to see how you react to it. Red ink can give a lot of problems, I see people on tattoo forums all the time asking why their red tattoo is weaping pus and ****, get it checked.
    I dont know if it's just certain brands but it's worth checking for definite if you are looking at large blocks of solid red like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

Its just certain of the less reputable brands use cadium in them to get the red colour, which is just plain bad in general. I know mickey sharps brand issafe as that use some form of plastic based pigmant so you don't get the reaction that blub is thinking about.

As for the tattoo my vote goes for atari jaguar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

i'd say no circle (3) for the moment and if u want to add it later u can

If undecided i would always get less rather than more beacuse its easier to add than take away when it comes to tattoos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭fuzzywiggle

If I had to pick one it would be number 3

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Three.

Advertisement