Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Mobiles and Employment Check

• 26-05-2006 6:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭

Hi,

Well I have been living out of Ireland for the last few years and will be returning back (for good) this summer. One of the first things I want (or should I say need) is a mobile (bill pay not pre-pay). Looking at all the options currently 3 seem to be the best for me (their phones and services are also the most like what I currently have here in Japan). A credit check should come back fine. However, they seem to require details about my employment. Since I won't be starting work straight away I have no real employment history. I think this might be a problem. Has anyone any information regarding this employment check?

Thanks,

Joe

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Afaik they might ask you for a €100 or so deposit (Vodafone did with me) or more depending on what tarriff you go for.

If you're not keeping up your payments then they'll whip the money for that month out of your deposit and so on...

If you do keep up the payments you'll get it back after 6 months or so...

That was with Vodafone though not sure about 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭Jam Man

3 ask for photo ID and a proof of address, that's it.

No deposit AFAIK and no employment history......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭joerules

Thanks for your replies. I'm hoping they don't ask for those details. Any credit checks should pass fine, it's just the employment thing I worry about. Thanks again

Advertisement