Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Vodafone V1240 - is it coming to Ireland?

• 26-05-2006 8:03am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭

After looking around for several types of phones that did WM 5 (Smartphone or full PDA functionality), I've kind of settled on going for one like the i-mate SP5 / Qtek 8310. I see that on Vodafone UK, they've rebranded it as a Vodafone V1240. Does anyone know if Vodafone usually bring over the phones they sell in the UK over here, too? I wouldn't mind getting this one, especially if they were to release it on PAYG also :) It's a bit expensive to go for it off Expansys!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

byrnefm wrote:
    After looking around for several types of phones that did WM 5 (Smartphone or full PDA functionality), I've kind of settled on going for one like the i-mate SP5 / Qtek 8310. I see that on Vodafone UK, they've rebranded it as a Vodafone V1240. Does anyone know if Vodafone usually bring over the phones they sell in the UK over here, too? I wouldn't mind getting this one, especially if they were to release it on PAYG also :) It's a bit expensive to go for it off Expansys!

Perhaps trying calling them on 1907?

Vodafone and O2 Ireland are very slow to bring phones they have in the UK to Ireland and often don't

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭byrnefm

I emailed them and got a reply fairly quickly:
    Thank you for your e-mail. Unfortunately there are no current plans
    from Vodafone Ireland for the release of this handset. Please log onto
    www.vodafone.ie to view the current selection of handsets offered by
    Vodafone.

Oh well... Such a nice little handset, too...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭damo86

pity, looks very handy..its about time irish operators should supply smartphones..just look @ the uk market its full of them!
    What annoys me is that people are going with there 6630,6680,n70 etc and have no idea that they have a smartphone,
    I have a n70 and use to its full extent, email,internet,im, pim apps etc

Advertisement