Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

scart adapters?

• 26-05-2006 8:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭

hi there
    iv an lcd tv with only one scart socket but my ntl digital uses a scart lead as does my dvd player so i cant have both connected at the same time (at least i don't think so!) is there any way around this e.g. like a scart adapter type thing/or alternative cables etc?
    thanks a lot

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Triangle

Can't you put the NTL Into the DVD and then onto the TV?
    Other than that you can get a scart splitter that let you put two devices onto one connection. i.e. NTL Shows on AV, but if DVD player is turned on it overrides NTL and lets you watch DVD's.
    They should be pretty common in Audio Visual Stores. Check it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Gilgamesh

which LCD screen do you have?
    thought it was pretty much standard these days having at least two scart plugs.

another option may be looking if the LCD has composite connections (red white and yellow plugs or instead of a yellow connector, a S Video, looks like a PS2 connector from a PC)
    you can feed a scart signal through there, you would just need a different cable which would be cheaper than a scart switch, if you want a decent one anyway.

Advertisement