Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What CoD do you play?

• 26-05-2006 10:26am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭

What CoD do you play? Just curious...

What CoD do you play? 36 votes

I play CoD1
    0%
    I play CoD:UO
    16%
    IronManWillymuncherDrapperNaikonWifeysock puppet 6 votes
    I play CoD2
    27%
    Dcullyplastic_axeOptikus1huge1TomohawkDaneGigiwaggaSlippin JimmylegologicSnowbie 10 votes
    I played CoD2 and hated it so now I play CoD1/UO only
    55%
    tony 2 toneLudoDooomgreglo23MyPeopleDrankTheSoupdellyConarMrShadowSteffano2002GaribaldipoggydanniemcqmugenextremeFionn_McCoolBinomateParsleyScráibEOA_MushyVeeGomikeanywhere 20 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

It wasn't on the list but I played UO, then CoD2, hated it so wen't back to UO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

Well then you chose the right answer: "I played CoD2 and hated it so now I play CoD1/UO only" ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Tovarishch

I'm the same as Jonnybadd. I eagerly awaited CoD2. Played it, realised it sucked and now only play UO again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 382 ✭✭legologic

I play CoD2
    Word! Tho' I only played 2 a handfull of times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

Looks like a consensus here.

I couldn't wait until COD 2 came out but after five minutes playing it, I was disgusted. The sound in particular was awful. I've got a great sound card and speakers but the weapon sounds in this game are pathetic compared with the first COD & UO.

As for the multiplayer, its gone backwards in quality.

I stick to playing UO with Base Assault being my favourite. However, I've recently discovered the Modern Weapons mod and it makes a nice change over the WW2 weapons. The sound is better too. I also like how you can get promoted to flying a stuka divebomber. Try it, its fun.

• Advertisement

Well, as I feared, CoD2 was a flop in Ireland... :o I personally prefer it to CoD1 (and UO of course - you all know how much I hate that crappy extension!) and most people I know from CoD1 around Europe now play CoD2 and would never go back to CoD!

I wonder why that is...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jonski

I played COD the UO then COD2 , but didn't like it and ended up playing BF2 instead . Just took down the 1.3 patch so going to have a look at it again .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Tovarishch

jonski wrote:
    I played COD the UO then COD2 , but didn't like it and ended up playing BF2 instead . Just took down the 1.3 patch so going to have a look at it again .

Dont expect much!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jonski

I remember now why I stopped playing it , no Domination mode .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

I play CoD:UO
    I play 1.

• Advertisement

OMG! :eek: CoD2 is winning! Hurray! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 804 ✭✭✭BMH

I loved CoD 1 and hate CoD 2, I haven't even done most of the single player. Unfortunately, my CoD 1 disc is scratched so I'll have to stick with CS:S or boot up E-mule...
    Emailing tech support for a replacement didn't work btw.

EDIT:This thread made me dig up my old discs as I remember the free sample of Wipe Out disc cleaner I had for a while now. Get it a good clean but I'm still getting 3 missing sound files:

sound/explosions/explo_radio01.wav
    sound/explosions/explo_radio02.wav
    sound/misc/beep.wav

Any chance of an upload or is that illegal?
    [If it's illegal, PM it ; )]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Garibaldi

I thought CoD2 was quite disappointing, and went back to CoD:UO, then my PC died, requiring a reinstall for Windows etc, and I just installed CoD2. I've now forgotten all about UO. Then again, I also prefer Italian/French/Spanish food to Irish, so it was bound to happen. :D
    Mind you, BF2 nearly made me forget about all of the above, but a recent LAN party has rekindled my love for the Garand, Mosin Nagant, and KAR-98.

Ahhhhh... The KAR-98K... Best weapon ever! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Garibaldi

Sigh.....Rifles-only Mod......sigh...... ;)

Garibaldi wrote:
    Sigh.....Rifles-only Mod......sigh...... ;)
    Yeah, they're fun... But I actually prefer prefer playing with the KAR-98K on a server with no MOD and pawning the shotgun/thompson/PPSH noobs! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

I play CoD2
    ive been playing united offensive for a while now
    think its brilliant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 521 ✭✭✭EOA_Mushy

(CoD2)
    The 1 player is complete and utter rubbish...
    Crap graphics, crap sound, every thing looks like play dough.
    If i want to get thrown around when i trying to hit some thing id play beat 'em ups. (Fine in the right place) but that much getting bounced around in a game just makes it boring.

Could they not come up with a better game if they want us to play for longer!?

Briliant game online though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 521 ✭✭✭EOA_Mushy

Ahhhhh... The KAR-98K... Best weapon ever! :D

Aggreed...

But Trenchguns matches ftw :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

I play CoD2 more now, when ever I'm not playing WoW. But I still consider CoD1 a lot better and more enjoyable. CoD1 > UO > CoD2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

OMG! :eek: CoD2 is winning! Hurray! :D

Not really any vote that is not for COD2 up there is a cod 1 vote really. I dont really like UO much, just give me normal COD1 any time.

23 for COD1/UO
    15 for COD2.

I think the fact that we are even having this discussion dosent say a lot for COD2.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Gigiwagga

I play CoD2
    CoD 2 is horse****e as far as I'm concerned, online player animations are slomo ballet crap everthing is at the SAME pace all the time, no sense of pace, creating no sense of fear or excitement, dull, dull, dull. UO has much more verve, GFM mods rocks, GED best online server period.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 VeeGo

I dont know wth is wrong with you because cod2 is way better than cod:uo. I admit in the begining it was crappy, but since 1.2 patch came out it way beats previous cod. Also you dont get noobs in the goddamn tanks spawnkilling all the time :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭Conar

VeeGo wrote:
    I dont know wth is wrong with you because cod2 is way better than cod:uo. I admit in the begining it was crappy, but since 1.2 patch came out it way beats previous cod. Also you dont get noobs in the goddamn tanks spawnkilling all the time :mad:

I whole heartedly agree!
    When COD 2 was released I rushed out and bought it and thought that it was pure crap. I was distraught.

Since they release 1.2 and now 1.3 it has become much better than COD or COD UO ever was.
    We can spint again, mods for 2 primary wepons and the list goes on.
    It absolutely ROCKS!!!!!
    Some of the new custom maps are amazing.

Dig it out and give it another go lads, I reckon you'd be suprised how much COD 2 has improved lately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 VeeGo

:rolleyes:

Advertisement