Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Financial Q&A website

Options
  • 26-05-2006 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭

Hey,

Just launched yesterday, www.Cents.ie.

Free service, ask any finance related questions you have.

If you have any comments / suggestions for the site I'd appreciate them.

Cheers,

-pb

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 647 ✭✭✭fintan

down for upgrade?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

fintan wrote:
    down for upgrade?

yes i noticed that.thats a bad start

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Enii

Will it give www.askaboutmoney.ie a run for its money!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭utopian

"Re-launching soon".

The mayfly of websites...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Enii wrote:

That redirects me to cents.ie

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Pythia wrote:
    That redirects me to cents.ie

Sorry but it had to be done!!!

captain.obvious.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 15,390 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

This does devalue the brand, so askaboutmoney is just another (cleverly disguised) corporate site then ?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

Enii wrote:

Why is that redirecting to cents.ie? Is it owned by Brendan Burgess of askaboutmoney.com?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭CCOVICH

There is no relationship whatsoever between www.askaboutmoney.com (a not-for-profit site owned by Brendan Burgess) and www.askaboutmoney.ie, which redirects to www.cents.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

the whois for cents.ie shows "Patrick Barry t/a Outsource Factory ". askaboutmoney both .com and .ie made me confused a while. didn't realise .ie is there. and cents.ie seriously need relaunching for a launching. :D

mart

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

CCOVICH wrote:
    There is no relationship whatsoever between www.askaboutmoney.com (a not-for-profit site owned by Brendan Burgess) and www.askaboutmoney.ie, which redirects to www.cents.ie.
    Surely there is a case of passing off here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

PBarry: It seems that you've pulled a bit of a fast one there. If so, I hope you get caught!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

frobisher wrote:
    PBarry: It seems that you've pulled a bit of a fast one there. If so, I hope you get caught!

Yeah he hasn't actually done anything wrong frobisher.

Yeah he hasn't actually done anything wrong frobisher.

He has done something wrong, just not illegal.

utopian wrote:
    He has done something wrong, just not illegal.

Oh right so the owner's morals are supposed to override his business ambition?

For some strange reason I don't think that'll happen!!! Has it ever happened with anyone?

IMO, what he's done is very smart and if he's not breaking any laws then even better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

daveirl wrote:

Thank you, finally somebody who agrees with me.

daveirl wrote:

Of course it's my opinion...what else would it be?

Oh right so the owner's morals are supposed to override his business ambition?

For some strange reason I don't think that'll happen!!! Has it ever happened with anyone?

IMO, what he's done is very smart and if he's not breaking any laws then even better.

I was merely pointing out the difference between illegal and wrong. "Wrong" is a word taken from morals...

As to whether an owner's morals should override his business ambition, yes they should.

• Advertisement

utopian wrote:
    I was merely pointing out the difference between illegal and wrong. "Wrong" is a word taken from morals...

As to whether an owner's morals should override his business ambition, yes they should.

LMFAO, thank god for morals :rolleyes:

Would you ever wake up to the real world Utopian, business people don't have morales and the only thing that matters is the bottom line!!!

Would you ever wake up to the real world Utopian

:rolleyes:
    business people don't have morales and the only thing that matters is the bottom line!!!

That may be true; I was expressing an opinion (my own) as to what people should do.

utopian wrote:
    That may be true; I was expressing an opinion (my own) as to what people should do.

Ok great well I think people shouldn't drink so much as I think it's wrong, I doubt my opinion will do much though but thanks for your opinion anyway.

Ok great well I think people shouldn't drink so much as I think it's wrong, I doubt my opinion will do much though but thanks for your opinion anyway.

Arguing against the expression of opinion after making nearly 2000 posts?

utopian wrote:
    Arguing against the expression of opinion after making nearly 2000 posts?

Listen I understand where you're coming from and I'm sure the owner of www.askaboutmoney.com would like the law to be on his side but unfortunately it's not, he doesn't have a foot to stand on.

The only way to resolve the matter would be for the .ie to be sold to the .com but I'm not sure that selling it would be a good idea from Pbarry's point of view as he is going to receive alot of publicity/hits whether they be for positive/negative purposes we can only wait and see.

I wonder on what basis pbarry could register askaboutmoney.ie as you need to have a company and/or a business name to register such a domain.

Bond-007 wrote:
    I wonder on what basis pbarry could register askaboutmoney.ie as you need to have a company and/or a business name to register such a domain.

Well seeing as how it's in his name I'm sure he has got that covered, otherwise he couldn't have gotten the domain in the first place.

Or it might be a case of the IEDR applying their own rules to suit themselves.

mart_max wrote:
    the whois for cents.ie shows "Patrick Barry t/a Outsource Factory ". askaboutmoney both .com and .ie made me confused a while. didn't realise .ie is there. and cents.ie seriously need relaunching for a launching. :D

mart

Here you go, here's the info, what more do you want?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

the only thing that matters is the bottom line!!!

The views of discerning consumers as to whether they would have anything to do with the kind of business that would attempt to benefit from the reputation of a non-profit making, community based site may well have an impact on his bottom line.

Conflict of interest: I'm a moderator on Askaboutmoney.com

Advertisement