Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hangover Make-up

• 26-05-2006 11:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭

Hungover does not even begin to describe how I feel. Bumped into friends on the way home from work yesterday (4 glasses of red wine + no dinner = very sick Kolodny this morning). Pale skin, puffy eyes...couldn't have looked more rough tbh.

But never underestimate the power of make-up! Lashings of Clarins Beauty Flash Balm, Clinique concealer and a sweep of No. 7 Bronzing powder and I even elicited a "you look lovely today" from the receptionist on the way to my desk! :eek:

So, does anyone have any other morning after tricks they'd like to share? It's (supposed to be) summer and I see a few late nights in my near future...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭fabcat

My best friend recently gave me the Dior airskin flash, it's literally foundation in a spray can, spray this on, a bit of mascara, a bit of blusher and vaseline for lips and smooth eyebrows and no one could even tell I was hungover well except for the fumes that knocked people out as I passed them.:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Benefit was made for hungover make up!!
    Benetint totally freshens up your cheeks
    Their eye bright eye pencil , yellow eye base and oh lalalalift totally wakens up tired eyes!
    Then a touch of Lancome Bronzer and a bit ovaseline on my lips and im good to go!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭fabcat

Loving benefit make up, really want to get their moonbeam, I think I shall be paying a little visit to Grafton Street on Sunday, I'm working on Saturday!:(

fabcat wrote:
    Loving benefit make up, really want to get their moonbeam, I think I shall be paying a little visit to Grafton Street on Sunday, I'm working on Saturday!:(

Highbeam alot better then moonbeam. Moonbeam can only be wron on nights out i find but highbeam can be worn all the time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

I love my highbeam, I've had it quite a while now and it's indispensable at this stage.

White eyeliner top and bottom, though I've been meaning to get eye bright for a while. Curled eyelashes, clear/brown mascara for natural effect, and groomed eyebrows. Subtle pale eyeshadow just on the socket to give definition. Laura mercier primer under base. And vaseline for a natural gloss effect. ;)

Panda, I covet your make up bag, I've also wanted ooh la lift for ages!

• Advertisement

Hermione* wrote:
    I love my highbeam, I've had it quite a while now and it's indispensable at this stage.

Panda, I covet your make up bag, I've also wanted ooh la lift for ages!

I admit to being a total make up junkie..I could almost rival Bertie in the makeup stakes:D especially benefit!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

I'm another one that cant live without my highbeam. It's fabulous! Do ya think it's a ucd thing? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭netanyahu

what is highbeam ;(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Oobie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 843 ✭✭✭PrettyInPunk

i dont go maaaaaaaaaad on it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Sheera

Touche Eclat!

Boots No7 also do a highlighter similar to Highbeam but in a much bigger bottle for a fraction of the price ;)Highlighter

Advertisement