Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Nokia 6600 problem

• 26-05-2006 12:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭

I've been having trouble with my 6600 recently and a few days ago I got an error on it along the lines of "No room for more messages. Delete some messages."

I deleted a few messages, and got rid of a few video files off the phones memory (I had plenty space on my memory card, it was the internal memory that was full). I freed up about 100kB of space, but the "Out of memory. Delete some files" messages kept appearing.

Eventually I couldn't even open up a text messages without it running out of memory.

I was looking for large files to delete, I didn't delete any important system files (there was one alright called StartMonLog.txt or something, it seems like a huge log file of stuff going back to when I bought it in 2004)

Anyway, whenever I turn on my phone now, I enter the PIN and it freezes when the main screen comes up (backlight stays on, clock doesn't update) and I have to take out the battery to turn it off.

Does anyone know how I might fix this? Is there anything that a data cable could do? I'd like to get my phone numbers and maybe some of my Inbox off it. I bought it off eBay, so I can't return it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 875 ✭✭✭theothernt

Hi,

Have you tried storing your Text Messages on the Memory Card? There is an option within Messaging to move/copy your messages.

- Neil

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭radiospan

I never knew I could store texts on my memory card, but anyway my phone freezes once the main screen comes up, so I can't access any menus anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

Have you tried turning the phone on with no sim card and no memory card in case one of them is faulty?

You could get the phone reflashed, but this will delete everything

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭radiospan

Figured out how to format the phone (hold green call button + 3 + * and then hold the power button).

I lost all my phone numbers and texts, but at least the phone is like new now, and I still have all the photos and stuff I had on my memory card.

Thanks for the tips.

Advertisement