Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accounting Help on Question 5.

• 26-05-2006 12:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭

Does anybody know the formula for calculatin the return on equity funds. Also if you can tell me the percentage for q5 2002 Higher level it will be of extra help!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭casanova_kid

the formula is net profit-preference dividends/equity funds multiplied by a 100/1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

its the same as return on shareholders funds.....
    net profile(after tax and pref div)/reserves+ordinary shares and then multipy your answer by 100 to get a %

I have a question aswell regarding question 5....sometimes it asks how many years it will take for a and ordinary share to recoup its value.......which do i use,the price earning or price dividend ratio?

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Rob30888

fatal wrote:
    I have a question aswell regarding question 5....sometimes it asks how many years it will take for a and ordinary share to recoup its value.......which do i use,the price earning or price dividend ratio?

If it says "How many years to recoup based on current performance," then it's MPS over EPS. If it says "How many years to recoup based on current dividen payout rate," then it's MPS over DPS

Hope that helps!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

Rob30888 wrote:
    If it says "How many years to recoup based on current performance," then it's MPS over EPS. If it says "How many years to recoup based on current dividen payout rate," then it's MPS over DPS

Hope that helps!

thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 301 ✭✭MB44

if you syll cant get the ROSF. then make sure you know what your equity funds are. They are, loans, debentures and preferenced dividends

• Advertisement
Advertisement