Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homeless Figures in Dublin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

I actually thought that the number had gone down. I only saw three in town yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭John_C

Both the government and the charities have a vested interest si I wouldn't trust either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭DadaKopf

I actually thought that the number had gone down. I only saw three in town yesterday.
    Could just mean they're being moved on from where you usually walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

I see about the same around I always do.

Hard to trust any figures these days unless they tell you how they were achieved and they bear some correlation to other surveys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭RedPlanet

John_C wrote:
    Both the government and the charities have a vested interest si I wouldn't trust either.
    Yeah they probably do, but what do you think is vested interest of charities?
    To be able to do more charitable work?
    Provide a better quality of charity?

I'm sticking with them on this one.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

RedPlanet wrote:
    Yeah they probably do, but what do you think is vested interest of charities?
    To be able to do more charitable work?
    Provide a better quality of charity?

I'm sticking with them on this one.

Their vested interest would be to keep up funding. These charties get a lot of money from the government, if homeless numbers are down, then the government gives them less money.

Advertisement