Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beer - June 2nd

Options
  • 26-05-2006 2:26pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm sure there was another thread for this somewhere, but...

Beer. Next friday. After payday. Somewhere nice if the weather's worth it, but somewhere bar-like if not.

Who's in?

(Oh, and I suggest the Franciscan, for the sake of having somewhere in mind).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

I'd love to but I'm away that weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I'm working until 8 so I couldn't make it until late.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭Dizzyblabla

Horray!! Finally a night I'm off and don't have work in the morning!! I'd say my arm could be twisted for one or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Definitely could be interested, but maybe somewhere else besides the Franciscan. I'll be going bowling in the Leisureplex with some of the kids from my taekwon do club at 7 so I'll be free at about 9pm.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

ill be at a twenty first in blackrock :( but ill be in town for midnight prolly

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Righto. Looks like I'm celebrating payday (a day late, thanks to the infallible wonders of our HR team) by going for a couple of shy pints to the Franciscan tomorrow.

Therefore, I agree that somewhere else == good idea. Where, though? (It looks like 8:30-9:30 is the timeframe we're aiming for here, although if adam shows his face and is happy to turn up at 5ish as usual that might change...)

ooh, well, cause the weather is due to stay nice, I think we should start around the fivish mark, definately! and in a beer garden, Fionn Barra's? that has a nice beer garden too, or Tom Barry's? Fionn Barra's is closer to town though...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Fysh wrote:
    if adam shows his face and is happy to turn up at 5ish as usual that might change
    Much as I'd love to if the weather holds, it's the youngfella's birthday on Saturday and I'm taking him to Q-zar on Friday to practice for his birthday party. So unless everyone wants to go Q-zaring, I'm afraid ye'll have to do without me. :)

and in a beer garden

The Franciscan has a big beer garden. If a change of venue does happen, I'd suggest the LV. It's right across from the Leisureplex and if you're really, really drunk and have a HUGE imagination (and severe mental illness), you could mistake the smoking area for a beer garden.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

it'll be cold and dark by the time ye see me, so i dont really mind where as long as ppl will still be out ot keep me entertained :D dance for me monkey, dance

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Fionn Barra's....now there's an idea, haven't been there in ages. Getting a bit cagey about this whole "start at five" thing when adam and JohnK aren't going to be around though...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

If you drink the first few pints fast enough you might think we're there. What a fun hallucination that would be! :D

JohnK wrote:
    If you drink the first few pints fast enough you might think we're there. What a fun hallucination that would be! :D

The only way I could think adam and his obnoxiousness (by now evolved into a separate though possibly symbiotically linked organism) were in the pub would be to down an Old Fashioned and then talk to a mirror. And it'd want to be a peculiar sort of mirror to make me look like adam, drunk or no...

Piss off Fysh, muppet.

(Print that out and bring it with you.)

Ken Shabby wrote:
    Piss off Fysh, muppet.

(Print that out and bring it with you.)

I thought it was going to be Fez from now on...

Heh, foreign guy.

Where's Fionn Barra's again? Barracka?

Douglas Street. Used to be the Trinity, my "local".

Well, all going well, I'll be in Fionn Barra's with a friend of mine from about 5/5.30, if not earlier! Unless someone can suggest a better beer garden?

I probably won't be along until later, probably around 8:30ish.

• Advertisement

I'm going to be held up in work so I might not be able to make it until 10. If it gets too late I'll prob be too tired to go anyway. :(

well it's 9.30, I've just left Fionn Barra's, heading into the slate for one or two now, but won't be in town much longer.. (don'cha love that there's an internet café next door?!)

Couldn't make it in the end, soz. Wouldn't have been great company if I had - I had four hours sleep then worked a 14 hour shift with the sweat rolling off me. I would have been the stinky bum sleeping in the corner.

Hmmm. Well, that didn't work out. I got to Fionn Barra's around 10, didnt see anyone from here, then sat drinking with some other friends I'd roped into coming along :). Ah well, next time I suppose....

Fysh wrote:
    Hmmm. Well, that didn't work out. I got to Fionn Barra's around 10, didnt see anyone from here, then sat drinking with some other friends I'd roped into coming along :). Ah well, next time I suppose....
    *cough cough*

Advertisement