Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rehearsal Space

Options
  • 26-05-2006 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking for rehearsal space for a comedy group in dublin city, like a band rehearsal space but without instruments. TBMC are booked out indefinitely!
    We'd be thinking of weeknights.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭cue

Have you tried the Theatre Forum website? The last time I looked there they had a list of all the rehearsal spaces in Dublin ranging from the large to the poky. www.theatreforumireland.com

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭gaffmaster

Cheers for the link.

Had a quick look found a couple of fairly old posts on the Barter section. There was a load of crap about becoming a member and sending off an application form and stuff. Meh!

I'll give the numbers a ring tomorrow.

Any other suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭cue

Matt Talbot Hall on Parnell Sq used to be good and cheap for this but that is gone now. You could try the Teachers Club on Parnell Sq. They have a performance space so they may have something for rehearsals aswell. Failing that there is a place in the Coombe called Donore Avenue Community Centre. Brand new with a couple of studio type spaces. They even have a kitchen! Area is a bit rough at night but the space they provide is very modern. Also, Dublin City Council have a new rehearsal space for arts organisations on Foley st called The Lab. Have not been in it yet but heard it is very good. Have no number for either of them. Good luck with it

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭gaffmaster

Hey cue,

we're going to try the lab on sunday. Thanks a million for your help.

Advertisement