Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

11 month old - Chicken pox

Options
  • 26-05-2006 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭

Our little girl has the pox.

Spots are all over the place - everywhere imaginable. Awful things.

Poor thing is being driven demented by the itching and in turn driving me and Mrs Englander demented (and very very deprived of sleep)

Any tips to stop the itching ? Have tried calomine which stops the itching but then dries and causes more irritation.

Bread Soda in bath offers some relief for her.

Any other tips/ideas ?

How long will these things last ? (she has had them 2 days now)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

It'll only last another couple of days. What I did when my twins had chickenpox was to make some camomile tea and put that in the bath. Occasionally they get bad skin (very mild eczema) which that helps too. Bear in mind tho that baths actually dehydrate the skin and can make the itching worse on occasion.

It's horrible watching them so itchy and being able to do shag all about it. But if she's had them two days the worst is almost over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭scrattletrap

Make sure she is wearing mittens or gloves as they scar badly if scratched my 6 year old son has a nice one on the side of his head from a few years ago. Calomine is your best bet though

Advertisement