Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gorgeous George at it again.

Options
  • 26-05-2006 4:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

My favourite panto politician George Galloway has decided he's lied low for quite long enough since the Big Brother debacle and has come out with a typically eye catching statement saying if Blair was assassinated that would be justifiable if no-one else was killed in a collateral fashion.

from guardianonline
    George Galloway has said the assassination of Tony Blair would be "morally justified" given his support for the war in Iraq.

The anti-war Respect MP said a suicide bomb attack on the prime minister would be "morally equivalent to ordering the deaths of thousands of innocent people in Iraq as Blair did".

The controversial leftwinger added that he was not calling for such an attack and that he would tip off the authorities if he knew of one.

But his remarks provoked a furious response, with one Labour MP calling him "disgraceful" and "twisted".

In an interview for GQ magazine with the former editor of the Daily Mirror, Piers Morgan, Mr Galloway was asked whether the assassination of Mr Blair by a suicide bomber would be justified, if there were no other casualties.

He replied: "Yes, it would be morally justified. I am not calling for it, but if it happened I believe it would be of a wholly different moral order to the events of 7/7.

"It would be entirely logical and explicable. And morally equivalent to ordering the deaths of thousands of innocent people in Iraq as Blair did."

I imagine some in Bethnal Green and Bow would support the views of thier elected MP but many must wonder what they were thinking of in May 2005.

Mike.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

mike65 wrote:
    [...] In an interview for GQ magazine [...]

Next they'll be interviewing Jackie Healy-Ray...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

Ahh you gotta love George. puurrrrr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 johnthesavage

What a clown. Statements like this make him an embarrassment to the anti-war movement. I think he just has a taste for pompous rhetoric and enjoys controversy for its own sake.
    Remember when he addressed Saddam Hussein with the words "Sir, I salute your courage, your strength, your indefatigability".

Advertisement