Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shevchenko to leave Milan

• 26-05-2006 5:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭

read it on bbc. Where will he go?:rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Bayern Munich. :D

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Another title bought for next year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Straight swap for Cisse ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Shev to Chelsea with either Drogba or Crespo going in other way, Crespo has just turned down a 2 year ext to his contract

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Would be funny if United snuck in with a swap deal with RVN...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

Watford is my guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

fade2black wrote:
    Would be funny if United snuck in with a swap deal with RVN...

Funny and brilliant at the same time. Chelsea would probably try to buy both of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭radiospan

BBC:
    AC Milan striker Andriy Shevchenko will leave the club this summer - and talks are expected to start with Chelsea.
    Shevchenko, 29, met with Milan vice president Adriano Galliani on Friday to discuss his future and afterwards said: "I'm leaving for family reasons

"I thank the club for all they gave me, it wasn't a problem of relations and there is no economic problem."

Galliani said that he expected negotiations to take place with Chelsea but that they would "not be easy".

Ukraine international Shevchenko has an American and it is understood that they want their son Jordan to learn English.

Galliano, who is in charge of the day-to-day operations at Milan added: "It's a victory of the English language over the Italian language."

"I've tried to convince him to stay - even one minute prior to the press conference.

"This is certainly the most painful divorce since I have been at Milan and from now on we will begin negotiations with Chelsea and it will not be easy."

Shevchenko joined Milan from Dynamo Kiev in 1999 and scored 19 Serie A goals this season.

He will captain Ukraine at the World Cup finals in Germany this summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Tusky wrote:
    Nearly there, Milan are in need of a defender too. So, it'll be Cisse + Djimi in a straight swap :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Little-Devil

He's going to chelsea and everyone know's it. I dont care what anyone says but i would'nt pay anymore then £18/£20 million as he's geting old now. I still think he's a class player and probably has easily another 5years at the top. I see can chelsea paying a transfer fee way over the odds and he probably be earning around £150,0000 a week which is only £10,000 more then ballack.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

another great signing for chelsea

top players sign for milan, man u, liverpool, real madrid, barcelona because they are the biggest and most prestigious clubs in the world,

...meanwhile, schevchenko goes to chelsea because....well....his wife made him :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Shevchenko wrote:
    "I'm leaving for family reasons"

Translation: Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmoney, money, money, money, money, money, money, money, money, money!

Sad really, he was a player I really admired.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭galwaydude

His american wife wants their son to learn english!!!!

Ah well if he does go to chelsea then it will be even sweeter when liverpool win the title next season.

el rabitos wrote:

top players sign for milan, man u, liverpool, real madrid, barcelona because they are the biggest and most prestigious clubs in the world,

QUOTE]

baby lemons must look at you and think "some day I hope I can be that bitter".
    ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

My respect for Shev's just dropped about 5 bazillion notches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Much and all as I dislike Chelsea it'll be good to see him in the EPL on a weekly basis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

look forward to seeing him and ballack. and lets all be honest surely you would prefer to see him week-in, week-out in the EPL rather than Didier "sometimes i dive" drogba...

baby lemons must look at you and think "some day I hope I can be that bitter".

course i'm bitter, ive been a milan fan since since like 1990

wait a sec....your the one bitching about how much kenyon does nothing and how he's an evil tyrant and all that.....so will you be getting shevchenko or kenyon on the back of your new chelsea home jersey?

el rabitos wrote:
    course i'm bitter, ive been a milan fan since since like 1990

wait a sec....your the one bitching about how much kenyon does nothing and how he's an evil tyrant and all that.....so will you be getting shevchenko or kenyon on the back of your new chelsea home jersey?

nah I'll stick with my Zola one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭ghost26ie

Tusky wrote:

no hope and bob hope, and bob's on holiday.

if he's going anywhere it will be Chelsea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

are private english lessons and english speaking schools not available in Milan then?:rolleyes:

I'm gonna stick my neck out and say he won't do well in the EPL:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,432 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Lex Luthor wrote:

I'm gonna stick my neck out and say he won't do well in the EPL:(

I get the same feeling...another morientes incoming, imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I'm gonna stick my neck out and say he won't do well in the EPL

He's going to Chelsea, everyone knows it. If he doesn't, it will be the greatest transfer coup ever
    I'm gona see your head got chopped off by the oncoming bus.
    20 goals a season, without a doubt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

now maybe not quite in the same league as sheva wasn't Crespo talked about much the same way when he signed for the Blues. I know he did well (though don;t have the stats, I'll get em;) ) he hasn't had everyone raving really. I think that Sheva might be a bit of the same.

He always seemed to be a good pro, so moving for the money doesn't seem in character, but then 150k a week does funny things to a boy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭TheMonster

Utd to play Chelse in opening day of the season - cruching but fair 50/50 tackle with Vidic, Shevchecko does cruciate and is out for the season - now that would be karma:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

growler wrote:
    nah I'll stick with my Zola one.

Woah, oldschool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

galwaydude wrote:
    His american wife wants their son to learn english!!!!

Ah well if he does go to chelsea then it will be even sweeter when liverpool win the title next season.

who the hell will teach him english at chelsea? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭Revelation Joe

Stekelly wrote:
    who the hell will teach him english at chelsea? :)

Should come to West Ham :D
    Only one first-teamer doesn't have English as a mother tongue and even he's fluent...
    If Shev's such a great player (and there's not much doubt in my mind) then he should prove it by coming to Upton Park and leading us single-handedly to the EPL title and then the CL in '07-'08 :D

Del

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

A lot of very bitter people here.

He's been in Italy for years and accomplished everything with and for Milan. He wants a new challenge, he fancies England, he is one of the best in the world, so he is going to best team in England.

While I'm sure he will be extremely rewarded financially, there are plenty of footballing reasons that I could see him going for.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

I agree with you. He's probably already comfortable financially it's just if chelsea are gonna offer that much money he may as well take it. I think, when he looks at chelsea he sees the new style galactico team and he wants to part of it.
    I wish he didn't but if it means he'll be playin in england there is no point moanin about it. It's chelsea that annoy me not shevchenko.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

el rabitos wrote:

...meanwhile, schevchenko goes to chelsea because....well....his wife made him :rolleyes:

An awful amount of **** being spouted in this thread.

Hes going to Chelsea becuase they are the best club in the Premiership. So you think he should move to liverpool because there a prestigious club? yea, thats a great reason. :rolleyes:

Also, your telling me Real madrid/barca couldnt afford to pay his wages? Somehow i doubt it.

An awful amount of **** being spouted in this thread.

Hes going to Chelsea becuase they are the best club in the Premiership. So you think he should move to liverpool because there a prestigious club? yea, thats a great reason.

Also, your telling me Real madrid/barca couldnt afford to pay his wages? Somehow i doubt it.

your right, chelsea are the best (funded) team in the premiership.

he's not going to chelsea because he thinks they're the best club to be at, he's going because either the reasons he gave a true, which a fairly weak imo, or he's going for the cash, which is an even weaker reason. simple as.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

A lot of very bitter people here.

He's been in Italy for years and accomplished everything with and for Milan. He wants a new challenge, he fancies England, he is one of the best in the world, so he is going to best team in England.

While I'm sure he will be extremely rewarded financially, there are plenty of footballing reasons that I could see him going for.

why did'nt he just say that then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

el rabitos wrote:
    your right, chelsea are the best (funded) team in the premiership.
    You mean best and best funded right?
    el rabitos wrote:
    he's not going to chelsea because he thinks they're the best club to be at, he's going because either the reasons he gave a true, which a fairly weak imo, or he's going for the cash, which is an even weaker reason. simple as.
    How could a player who is already set up for life go "for the cash"? No matter where he goes he will be grossly rewarded financially. Chelsea are the best team in England. I'm sure London is also an attraction over sunny Liverpool or Manchester. It makes perfect sense why he would want to go there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

Depends on what you mean by the best. They play an ugly style of football, grind out wins and deserved to win the premiership due to their consistancy but they very rarely entertained. However, imo, Arsenal/United (and sometimes the 'pool) play a better style football. More entertaining.

I would prefer to watch west ham play than sit through a chelsea match.

• Advertisement

well thats not a great example cause west ham play an excellent style of football :)...you'd want to watch west ham anytime over chelsea :)

well thats not a great example cause west ham play an excellent style of football :)...you'd want to watch west ham anytime over chelsea :)
    Hehe, thought I'd pick a random average team as an example :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

sprinkles wrote:
    Depends on what you mean by the best. They play an ugly style of football, grind out wins and deserved to win the premiership due to their consistancy but they very rarely entertained. However, imo, Arsenal/United (and sometimes the 'pool) play a better style football. More entertaining.

Are you saying that Chelsea will not be more exciting next season with Ballack and Sheva playing for them?

As much as people hate Chelsea on here, they have brought some incredible players to the premiership and raised the standard of Man Utd and Arsenal.

I personally can't wait to see him play in the Premiership.

Also for anyone who thinks he is going for the money. Milan offered him £115k a week to stay, He will probably get £130k-£140k a week there. It's really not that much more when you are talking about that kind of cash and the sponsorship deals he has.

Not at all. I don't think they will be though, the team is set up to defend and grind out results when they need them. They don't have the exciting flair of barca or arsenal. They don't play to entertain but to win. In fairness it works.

That said perhaps ballack and sheva can inject a bit of flair but I don't think they will. Still, anything is better than watching drogs play :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

F&ck! Here's hoping he can't adapt to the Prem! :D

Miek.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Disappointed from a liverpool point of view. But as a football fan delighted. Cant wait to see how he does in the premiership next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,677 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Well, that's the premiership over for next season and a ball hasn't even been kicked...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭mchurl

Bad for the premiership as a competition as Chelsea will surely win again now, but great to have such a wonderful playing, and on tv so often. I just hope he has a quality world cup now as well.

I'd say opposition defenders will love it, the chance to make Shevchenko look a tit! Carra will show him! :)

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I think it's great news.

Drogba leaked a while ago that it Mourinho intends to build a team around him and Shev.

If Chelsea play 4-4-2, it is just like United post 2001, a team with the primary goal of the CL.
    It means their league preformances will not be as consistant because they will become more attacking a team.

I think the improvment of their team with attacking players can only give the rest of the premiership a greater chance, because you just can't be as consistant.
    Also, a team with Chelsea's money, playing good football, a dream to watch.

Drogba is leaving, no?

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

****ing disaster. It's sick to be honest. Yes, of course I am jealous but really, it is still sick...they are sniffing around and signing God like players...

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

It'll be interesting to see Shevchenko getting the legs hacked off him by Bolton type defenders up Norf' in the depths of an English winter.

It'll be interesting to see Shevchenko getting the legs hacked off him by Bolton type defenders up Norf' in the depths of an English winter.

i'd go along with that line of thinking aswell.

i'm not more worried about chelsea now than i was last week

gutted he left milan, other than that....meh

• Advertisement
Advertisement