Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

watercooling ???

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

The swiftech is a nice kit, the zalman is a good idea but will only give u the same temps as a good HSF... I used to have one, its grand if u dont mess about with ur pc n move it about, if u do then dont go near it.. Its HUGE!!

I thought the Freezer 64pro was a good HSF.. Is that stacker u have the old one?? To lazy to check it out..

As for installing it, tis easy.. Loads of guides on the net...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

ya its the old 1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

how high is sky high?

56c

ok see temp 3 whats that my cpu is temp 2 but 3 is going high ????

untitled.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

awhir wrote:
    ok my temps seem to be going sky high with my cooler at 1.4v. so was thinking of wc.is it hard to install(i like a chalenge but abit clumsy).was looking at this http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/Online_Catalogue_Swiftech_587.html
    the Swiftech H20-120 Premium Watercooling Kit or is this http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/Online_Catalogue_Zalman_454.html better asume its a big but could i put under the table and have the pc onto or does it not a powerfull pump ??

You must have it seated wrong, or you must have terrible airflow......

I get 40 degrees full load @3ghz @1.47vcore.......

I know yours is dual core but there not much hotter........

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Aye, SD3700 with XP-90c and 92mm fan, AS5 and averaging 45-50, haven't had any trouble.

Follow the guide on www.arcticsilver.com for applying AS5 and you can't go too far wrong. 'Seating it' means more than just clipping it it, give the HSF a slight twist (tiny rotation, lightly) left & right to ensure good contact, and then run your machine at stock for an hour, then burn it in and you'll see a drop in temps as it cures over the next 100hrs or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

44' full load here with stock hsf without AS5 ( I couldnt wait the 3 days to get it)

god somthing wrong with mine or else my cpu like cooking :D

Well have you reseated it yet???

What TIM did you use?

It comes pre-applied with MX1, it whoops AS5..... on the freezer 64 pro anyway.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46 JakTheHat

The Zalman is a big cooler. Very awkward for bringing to lan parties take it from me. Also you have to place at the same level as your pc as the pump hasnt the power to lift the water. Its no good for overclocking either as its passively cooled unless you buy the optional reserator fan. But it certainly is a quiet cooling solution. If you want to see one set up im only around the corner from you in Lackagh. You can come and see it anytime. Might help you to make your decision.

ok think i might invest in the Swiftech H20-220 Apex "Ultra" got good reivews and will get the Acoustic Energy Aego M 2.1 Speakers also but should i go for the x-fi xtream music or a Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 will i notice the diffrence.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Dman_15

awhir wrote:
    ok think i might invest in the Swiftech H20-220 Apex "Ultra" got good reivews and will get the Acoustic Energy Aego M 2.1 Speakers also but should i go for the x-fi xtream music or a Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 will i notice the diffrence.

In a word, no. The audigy 2 is a decent soundcard. the x-fi's are overpriced for what they are.

I have an Audigy and its amazing compared to onboard audio..........

I doubt the X-Fis are worth the money......

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Audigy 2, x-fis are having problems with high end gaming rigs and are not worth the money.

ok was reading some of the post and made this from www.over-clock.com
    would this be better then the Swiftech H20-220 Apex "Ultra"link:http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatal...ftech_587.html

oh and is there any better parts and am i missing anything

Build a Kit (Reference #71)
    Fittings - Choose Kit Fittings Size: 1/2" Fittings
    CPU Block - Choose CPU Block (inc pair of hoseclips & Y Splitter if RBX or PolarFlo): Swiftech STORM Universal (A64/P4) (Reference #180)
    GPU Block - Choose GPU Block (inc pair of hoseclips): No GPU Block
    HDD Block / Cradle - Choose HDD Block (inc pair of hoseclips) or Cradle: No HDD Block
    Chipset Block - Choose Chipset Block (inc pair of hoseclips): No Chipset Block
    Reservoir - Choose Reservoir (inc pair of hoseclips): No Reservoir
    Pump - Choose Pump (inc pair of hoseclips & relevant barbs): DangerDen DD12V-D5 (Laing D5 / MCP655) (Reference #397)
    Pump Casing (for DD12-D4 & D5 Only) - Choose Pump Casing (for DD12-D4 Only): No Casing (Stock D4)
    Radiator - Choose Radiator (inc pair of hoseclips): The HeaterCore DUAL (Reference #995)
    Tubing - Choose Tubing: DangerDen Clearflex Tubing 1/2" (Reference #360)
    Additive - Choose Additive: FluidXP+ (Reference #426)
    Add UV Dye - Choose UV Dye Color: No Dye
    Compound - Choose Compound: No Compound
    Selection of Double Fans - Add 2x Fans & Guards: 2x Nexus Orange 120mm
    Select Case - Case: -- None --

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Reservoir - Choose Reservoir (inc pair of hoseclips): No Reservoir

you'll need a res... Id go for the swiftech kit... Its basically the exact same only u know you'll get everything along with instructions...

www.chillblast.com are pretty good... Guy that runs it is sound

Advertisement