Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer about to begin

Options
  • 26-05-2006 5:42pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭

Weve been waiting and waiting and waiting some more for summer to finally bring us some decent weather. Its been absolutely terrible over the previous weeks but finally early next week hp will be building in over us from the west. Luckily for us it looks as though we will be on the 'warm side' of the high whilst our freinds across the water will be slightly cooler for a time. It should start warming up nicely, perhaps getting into the twenties but still a bit out to talk about cloud cover.

Rtavn1441.png

So some good weather to look forward too:D

Comments

Had lovely weather here today.
    Sunshine ,light breeze and a max temp of 19.2c :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Earthman wrote:
    Had lovely weather here today.
    Sunshine ,light breeze and a max temp of 19.2c :)

True EM, not been bad at all today but I prefer that 1030 hpa Azores high ;) Temps (should it come off) could well get into the mid twenties:D

Recm1681.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Got some sun today but it just meant muggy rather than damp! Still the promise of actual settled dry bright conditions has me all excited.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

I'm beginning to like those charts, as they seem to support good weather beyond Friday (when I come back from abroad). You could tell secondary school exams are near, with the good forecasts and all. Where's WC these days?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

he rarely posts here when winters over

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Lol, I was thinking along the lines of "WC must be doing exams at the moment."

The latter half of next week is looking better and better:)

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rtavn13217.png

Indeed, for once warmer then across the water. I think the GFS puts it at round 23 or 24 C the following day. Of course that tends to be off by one or two degrees by the time it comes round. Could be a degree or so higher or lower. Also hopefully some sunshine. But ECM is in fact the warmest outlook with the winds streaming softly up from Biscay, and oh do I sense an odd rumble of thunder coming from that direction;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

darkman2 wrote:
    Indeed, for once warmer then across the water. I think the GFS puts it at round 23 or 24 C the following day. Of course that tends to be off by one or two degrees by the time it comes round. Could be a degree or so higher or lower. Also hopefully some sunshine. But ECM is in fact the warmest outlook with the winds streaming softly up from Biscay, and oh do I sense an odd rumble of thunder coming from that direction;)

A sunny 25 C. Beer garden weather and on a bank holiday weekend as well. :D DM2, I don't know much about the charts, but do you reckon they are more reliable at this time of year than during the winter months ? Seen things change a lot over 168hrs during Dec/Jan/Feb.

darkman2 wrote:
    Indeed, for once warmer then across the water.
    I'm actually warmer than most of across the water both today and yesterday.
    Only 1mm rainfall from the system that slipped back to Britain and the max temp today despite the northwesterly in the sunshine has been above 18c.

Duiske_Lad wrote:
    A sunny 25 C. Beer garden weather and on a bank holiday weekend as well. :D DM2, I don't know much about the charts, but do you reckon they are more reliable at this time of year than during the winter months ? Seen things change a lot over 168hrs during Dec/Jan/Feb.

If the Spanish were reading this forum they would think we were mad:D Were so deprived of proper warm summer weather (being on the NW fringe of Europe) that we celebrate just the thought of a sunny, warm bank holiday:rolleyes:

Do I reckon they are more reliable? I would say so yeah during summer months you can look just that bit further ahead. The focus tends to switch to the Hurricane season Mid Atlantic which has an effect on us because it is these depressions that displace the Azores high, hence periodic pressure rises happen far more frequently during the summer months. Also Pressure does tend to remain high around Greenland so thats another factor. This enables the Jet Stream to take a dive south way out west and this slows the conveyer belt of depressions from the Southwest and displaces them further north. So the bad weather we would of had ends up drifting harmlessly over us toward Scandinavia in the form of warm fronts. This is why, you may have noticed Scotland, and sometimes the North of Ireland are generally cloudier. In winter this is not the case. Now whether or not the good weather lasts is another thing. It may well not last too long. The ideal scenario would be for the high to drift in over the continent and intensify leaving us on the edge but in the warm flow:)

Yes EM quite a turnaround from last year. Hope it lasts:)

P.S they have a fair bit more cloud aswell.

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rtavn1143.png

Latest UKMO is very good for later next week:

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/topkarten/fsukmeur.html

Im liking these ensembles more and more:D

MT8_Dublin_ens.png

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

im in central london from next thursday evening till sunday evening, what sorta temperatures can i expect there?

Gonzo wrote:
    im in central london from next thursday evening till sunday evening, what sorta temperatures can i expect there?

Hi Gonzo. Around 19 - 21C I would imagine. Next week is looking better and better:D A 1030 hp right over us:D :D And getting very warm too.

If all of you hate the tease of FI, look away now

Rtavn3602.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Tis teh summa! :eek: (for one week only - book now!)

Mike.

And now we have a problem. The UKMO seems to have jumped ship along with the GFS and NOGAPS in that they are now placing the high too far south.

The ECM 12z however is very nice throughout with 1030hpa high sitting right on top of us for the rest of the week and next weekend:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,701 ✭✭✭jd

So how is it looking? I am off from Thursday evening to Monday 12th.
    Have a charter booked out of Kilmore Quay for the 9th, does FI say it may be one of those days when there is barely a ripple?
    jd

Its unusual to see such differences between the models as little as 72 hrs out. ECM still looks great out till Monday (from Wednesday onwards);)

look how hot its gonna be in russia and it extends so far north

Great run today from ECM again. Good weather to last till at least next Tuesday now:D

Same again from the UKMO. HP all the way. Temps getting into low twenties by the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

OMG - A complete dry, sunny and warm bank holiday WE!!! :o

• Advertisement

The weather will remain dry and settled for Friday and the weekend, with good sunny spells. The days will become increasingly warm with temperatures reaching the low to mid 20's Celsius in many areas. Moderate sea breezes will keep it a bit cooler and fresher near the coast, with little or no wind further inland. Some mist and fog is likely at night, and in the early morning.

From met.ie.

hmmmm nice:D

Very nice http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?world=0031

Temps getting into the mid twenties for many over the next few days. Not a cloud in the sky. Good weather will last at least till next Wednesday. Enjoy:D

Advertisement