Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Huge... or smaller...

• 26-05-2006 6:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 758 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Well, Am about to shell out about a grand and a half on a nice tv... So was doin a bit of looking and thought I'd ask some advice first.

Do I want a beautiful plentiful 42in philips.... or a much smaller(say about 30inch) HD tv from Sony.. like a bravia?

So - huge...? or better quality smaller....?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

I would go for a Samsung 32" LCD for about 1.5K if you didn't want anything radicilous big, but just a nice size TV. These TV's are absoloute quality.. I just picked up one. Totally recomend one.

Hj

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 621 ✭✭✭TommyGun

I got the 37" R7 Samsung, this is a pretty good TV.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

it might start an arguement, but sony is genrally overpriced...get yourself the best samsung you can afford and you won't go far wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 621 ✭✭✭TommyGun

mossym wrote:
    it might start an arguement, but Sony is generally overpriced...get yourself the best samsung you can afford and you won't go far wrong

Sure don't Samsung make Sony TV. They signed a big agreement last year.

not sure aobut that..but you'll pay for the sony badge on the front at least

• Advertisement

oh wasn't doubting you..even more convinced right now you're getting the same tv in a samsung for less money than a sony

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

I too bought a 32" Samsung in preference to the Bravia which was 500 quid dearer and didn't have a DVB tuner ! Nice set.

ZEN

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭zt-OctaviaN

The agreement is that Samsung and Sony having spent a whopping 2billion dollars on a new manufactering plant. From here the panels produced being large ones e.g. 46" , 54" and 82" will be used in the final products by Samsung and Sony. Only the Panel is comon to both the tuners, input boards and the badge ;) is different oh and the remote! :)

Im gonna wait to see them both in the 46" versions in June/July when Sony release the 46 S2000U also not far behind will be the 46 V2000U and the coveted 46 X2000U which will take a true 1080p signal.
    the 2000 units will have 1920 x 1080 native panels so there gonna be nice panels when viewing 1080 i/p signals e.g. bluray films.

I got a price on the 46 S2000U it will be €3,800 and the 'X' version will be €4,995!!! 1200 more!! :O
    Processing powere will be a premium in the new screens launched this year.

Oh I like Sony there stuff lasts ages!!! please correct me on the last statement if other have had probs.

I know of someone that had a samsung plasma bought in march the 51bx model and the input board went on it they then bought the 46"LCD 71b unit also by samsung so fingers crossed for em.

Nick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

The bits behind the panel are what makes the tv so if all they are sharing is the panels then they are completely different. Plus if they are jointly making the panels its hardly sony putting samsung panels in their tvs.

• Advertisement
Advertisement