Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Orlando Released

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

Well at least they won't put us through the planned "bi-sexual" storyline OJ was headed for.....then again, what the hell are they doing to Vito??? I wonder if there's any scandal behind this release....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

yea i am SHOCKED!!!!!!!
    didnt see this coming......the guy was entertaing to watch but of course wwe as always could have used him better....the guy had skill i think
    any word on why he was released?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭the sunbabe wan

There had been some within the company expecting the release as Jordan was scheduled to wrestle Tatanka at this past Tuesday's Smackdown taping in Bakersfield, California but was pulled out of a pre-show meeting and sent from the building by WWE officials.

The word going around at the taping was that Jordan had extremely upset WWE officials, including Vince McMahon, for having an unauthorized person on the road with him and backstage at events.

Jordan, a former United States champion, had been with World Wrestling Entertainment for several years, most notably as JBL's "Chief of Staff." At one point, there had been plans to introduce a bisexual angle with Jordan, also using former TNA star Trinity and a male friend of Jordan's who didn't have a wrestling background. More recently, there had also been talk of moving Jordan over to the new ECW revival, but obviously that is out the window.

Source: PWInsider.com

there always vito for that bisexual storyline

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

WWE's loss can be TNA's gain. His real name is Orlando Jordan so he can still use that (obviously) and he resides in Florida which is where TNA Impact tapes.

He could go to TNA and work a light schedule as Christian did. He's not the greatest wrestler in the world but he is a former US champion and he will bring name value to TNA.

If I were TNA I'd pick em up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

there always vito for that bisexual storyline
    When i was a kid Vito was the Don the Godfather, marlon brando, the man!
    nowadays, i turn on the TV last night and Vito in the sopranos is gay, i log onto boards.ie and vito in wwe is being pushed as gay, jaysus lads , did i miss something in the godfather :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭jongore

He hasn;t really done anything for months so it's not really a shock

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭RealJohn

I assume that it was because in the long history of terrible rasslin hairstyles, his was the worst.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Why do people always think TNA should sign whoever the latest WWE reject is?! Orlando Jordan isn't a great wrestler, there's many better than him in WWE and TNA. Not a great loss in my opinion

Fozzy wrote:
    Why do people always think TNA should sign whoever the latest WWE reject is?! Orlando Jordan isn't a great wrestler, there's many better than him in WWE and TNA. Not a great loss in my opinion

Don't you think he would bring a name value though? If TNA could get him to badmouth WWE for firing him then he could do well for the company and himself.

I've always felt he was average though and that it was only politics that had him where he was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Don't you think he would bring a name value though?

None whatsoever. He was the worst US Champ that i know of, an average wrestler, poor on the mic, and doesnt have a good 'look'. He WWE fans didnt care less about him, so i couldnt imagine TNA fans would care too much either. And when you talk of name value, well they have Williams, Styles, Samoa Joe, Sabin, Daniels in the X division who are all far bigger names now, than what Jordan will ever be. TNAs roster doesnt really need another WWE cast off.

If TNA could get him to badmouth WWE for firing him then he could do well for the company and himself.

How? To me, that only sounds like pettiness from a person who didnt have what it took in wwe whinging. In the process this makes the entire company look bad, that a wwe cast off is good enough for us. Though if they do hire him, he may do such a promo, but its counterproductive IMO.

Now i know people will bring up Christian here, but he quit, he was not released. Everyone knew Christian had what it took to headline wwe, but in their wisdom, they didnt hand him the ball. TNA were clever in thsi respect. There can be no comparrison between OJ and Christian.
    it was only politics that had him where he was.

What politics?

• Advertisement

gimmick wrote:
    None whatsoever. He was the worst US Champ that i know of, an average wrestler, poor on the mic, and doesnt have a good 'look'.

That's got nothing to do with 'name value'. The reality is that unlike other WWE wrestlers who come to TNA without their name, Orlando can use his. While his wrestling skills were average, I wouldn't class him as poor on the mic (for TNA anyway) and he looks better than a lot of the guys on TNA's roster.
    gimmick wrote:
    How? To me, that only sounds like pettiness from a person who didnt have what it took in wwe whinging. In the process this makes the entire company look bad, that a wwe cast off is good enough for us. Though if they do hire him, he may do such a promo, but its counterproductive IMO.

Um, isn't that what Steve Austin did in ECW regarding WCW? :)

Worked out alright for him, ECW and in the end the WWE.
    gimmick wrote:
    What politics?

Apparently he was good friends with JBL. There was an incident where he and JBL got one of the WWE 'Creative' writers very drunk at a bar causing him to miss a flight and get in trouble with Stephanie McMahon. I wager politics is why he had this unauthorised person on the road with him too. Thought he could get away with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

The problem with Orlando Jordan is that he's Orlando Jordan. Wherever he goes, no one will care. He'll never pop a rating, add ppv buys or make people want to buy tickets.

A bit of anecdotal evidence. For the Royal Rumble pools thingy organised for this forum, the booby prize was an Orlando Jordan braclet. Upon buyiing the bracelet the seller wrote me the folowing e-mail: "Thank you so much. I was wondering how the hell I was gonna sell OJ's one".

I guess people think he's heading to TNA when there prepared to put on tv, worthless hasbeens like Luger, Bagwell and Nash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Don't you think he would bring a name value though?

I don't think he has much name value at all. If an Irish promotion held an event with Orlando as one of the main attractions, I honestly doubt there'd be many people going just for that. But there's plenty of TNA guys who would get the opposite reaction if they were to venture over here. Most of the guys on Impact have a lot more name value than Orlando. And I thought he was very poor on the mic. Looked very uncomfortable

Fozzy wrote:
    I don't think he has much name value at all. If an Irish promotion held an event with Orlando as one of the main attractions, I honestly doubt there'd be many people going just for that. But there's plenty of TNA guys who would get the opposite reaction if they were to venture over here. Most of the guys on Impact have a lot more name value than Orlando. And I thought he was very poor on the mic. Looked very uncomfortable

Well I think if a casual WWE fan is flicking through the channels and comes across Orlando Jordan on TNA, he'll recognise him and be more likely to give the product a chance. I think TNA needs guys like that. Presumably that's why 'Kip and BG James' and guys like that are being kept around.

I like TNA but I feel one of its key problems is that very few of the characters seem to have a personality about them.

Orlando's is already pretty much established and so compared to an Elix Skipper he'll stand out more. Just my two cents.

Advertisement