Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FAI Cup weekend

• 26-05-2006 7:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

Friday
    26th May 2006 Longford Town - Cork City
    Kick off : 7:45 pm FAI Cup - 2nd Round Flancare Park TG4 7:45

26th May 2006 Athlone Town - Galway United
    Kick off : 7:45 pm FAI Cup - 2nd Round St. Mel's Park

26th May 2006 Bohemians - Waterford Crystal
    Kick off : 7:45 pm FAI Cup - 2nd Round Dalymount Park

26th May 2006 Bray Wanderers - Kildare County
    Kick off : 7:45 pm FAI Cup - 2nd Round Carlisle Grounds

26th May 2006 Waterford United - Douglas Hall
    Kick off : 7:45 pm FAI Cup - 2nd Round RSC

26th May 2006 Limerick - Drogheda United
    Kick off : 8:00 pm FAI Cup - 2nd Round Hogan Park

Saturday
    27th May 2006 Dundalk - Cobh Ramblers
    Kick off : 1:00 pm FAI Cup - 2nd Round Oriel Park

27th May 2006 Blarney United - Derry City
    Kick off : 6:00 pm FAI Cup - 2nd Round O'Shea Park

27th May 2006 Bangor Celtic - Shelbourne
    Kick off : 7:00 pm FAI Cup - 2nd Round Tolka Park

27th May 2006 Carrigaline United - Sligo Rovers
    Kick off : 7:30 pm FAI Cup - 2nd Round Turner's Cross

27th May 2006 Kilkenny City - UCD
    Kick off : 7:30 pm FAI Cup - 2nd Round Buckley Park

27th May 2006 Dublin City - Monaghan United
    Kick off : 7:45 pm FAI Cup - 2nd Round Dalymount Park

27th May 2006 Finn Harps - Crumlin United
    Kick off : 7:45 pm FAI Cup - 2nd Round Finn Park

Sunday

28th May 2006 Castelbar Celtic - Shamrock Rovers
    Kick off : 2:30 pm FAI Cup - 2nd Round Celtic Park, Castlebar

28th May 2006 Malahide United - St. Patricks Athletic
    Kick off : 2:30 pm FAI Cup - 2nd Round Gannon Park

28th May 2006 Wayside Celtic - Killester United
    Kick off : 2:30 pm FAI Cup - 2nd Round Golden Ball

Malahide chose to play us in Gannon Park with a capacity of 1000 :eek: They intend to cause a chock but tbh i wouldnt be shocked nigh on 50 years since we won it and we only 1 of 4 teams not to have been knocked out by a non league team, im thinking it be 3 by sunday night. We should beat them easily but that never happens to us in the cup. Hope its a nice day can go to the seaside after it :)

kdjac

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Tie of the round Longford Vs Cork City on TG4, ko 7.45pm. Also on 252LW for those of us whose gaeilge isnt what it should be.

Was hoping to do a double header tomorow and see Blarney Vs Derry and Carrigaline Vs Sligo. Unfortunately the former KOs at 6pm, while the other at 7.45pm, so its the latter for me as Turners Cross is alot closer to me than Blarney.

Cmon the non leaguers! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

C'mon Carrig :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Bohemians 0 Waterford Crystal 1 after half an hour!.:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Normal service has been resumed it seems. 2-1 Bohs. arkins Penalty and ward just before half time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Longford 0-1 Douglas Hall 7.45
    O'Flynn 75

Waterford Utd 3-0 Douglas Hall 7.45
    Kavanagh 8
    Doyle 38,64

Errortel at its finest.

http://www.rte.ie/aertel/p221.htm

kdjac

• Advertisement

LOL watching the after match interviews on Tg4 after Errortel saying it was a draw i was wondering why the Longford players where so happy, i was like FFS you scraped a draw.

Longford 2-1 Cork City RES
    Baker pen 82 O'Flynn 75
    O'Connor 90 Divine s/o 82

Seems they won, jesus why cant we not pay our tv licence on the basis that RTE is ****.

/i also hate longford and their god damn jammy cup wins.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭finnpark

KdjaC wrote:
    Seems they won, jesus why cant we not pay our tv licence on the basis that RTE is ****.

I think the aertel service is updated by the Press Association, automatic IRS feeds and as we all know journalists aren't that great at getting thing right.

Some shocks tonight, well done Longford. I think the bite is starting to goout of Cork a little.

Fúcking hell. City take the lead with 15 to go, and manage to lose the game to a horrible Longford side.

Dan Murray. What the christ was he thinking about? Hope he isnt offered a new contract and he just goes away. he is a liability. The ref got it right for a penalty, but 100% wrong for the sending off. Alan Bennett was level with the player, and would have made the tackle, preventing a goal, so Devine didnt have to walk.

The winner was a screamer, but man do I feel sick.

Longford are the scourge of the EL mainly in Cups they will possibly lose every game bar the one that keeps them up and still be in both finals with their manager harping on about how great they are and thus lose to a Welsh 5th divison side named Fc WudefukRwe 7-0.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,432 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

<pinches self>

wtf happened to athlone town...we actually won a cup game :p

• Advertisement

KdjaC wrote:
    Longford are the scourge of the EL mainly in Cups they will possibly lose every game bar the one that keeps them up and still be in both finals with their manager harping on about how great they are and thus lose to a Welsh 5th divison side named Fc WudefukRwe 7-0.

kdjac

Yes. I dont want to see them in Europe either. FAI will relegate them at their meeting:D . There will be some backhanders in the toilets at that meeting:eek:

<pinches self>

wtf happened to athlone town...we actually won a cup game :p

I think Galway seriously need a new manager, they have a decent squad but play rubbish. I think the 1st division is as weak as its ever been.

finnpark wrote:
    Yes. I dont want to see them in Europe either. FAI will relegate them at their meeting:D . There will be some backhanders in the toilets at that meeting:eek:

I think the tastefulness of this board has just dropped a couple of points ;)

finnpark wrote:
    I think Galway seriously need a new manager, they have a decent squad but play rubbish. I think the 1st division is as weak as its ever been.

Altho i giggle at the jibe cos Rovers are there.

Any of the top 6 would be a welcome addition to the league ......actually if bray ucd and dublin city went anyone of the teams in the 1st would be a decent addition.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Huge blow for Cork tonight.

League Cup and FAI Cup. Out of both at first attempt. :eek:

Still to score away from home in the league. :eek:

CL draw coming soon.....

Signings are needed and quick.

Apparently some repairs need doing to the away dressing room as well!!!

Zebra3 wrote:
    Huge blow for Cork tonight.

League Cup and FAI Cup. Out of both at first attempt. :eek:

Still to score away from home in the league. :eek:

CL draw coming soon.....

I think its better in long run. They can concentrate on winning the CL:D . Seriously though, the CL is what is most important . Hope they are ranked for 1st round draw? It could be Lingfield:)

KdjaC wrote:
    Altho i giggle at the jibe cos Rovers are there.

Any of the top 6 would be a welcome addition to the league ......actually if bray ucd and dublin city went anyone of the teams in the 1st would be a decent addition.

kdjac

Ive been informed Galway Utd will be in new "Premiership". Dublin City, UCD are gone although I cannot see them relegating their best mate Pat Devlin(bRAY).

Probale Premiership:
    Derry
    Shels
    Cork
    Drogs
    Bohs
    Galway
    St Pats
    Longford
    ?
    ?

finnpark wrote:
    I think its better in long run. They can concentrate on winning the CL:D . Seriously though, the CL is what is most important . Hope they are ranked for 1st round draw? It could be Lingfield:)

Both City and Linfield are unseeded for the 1st QR, therefore cannot meet.

gimmick wrote:
    Both City and Linfield are unseeded for the 1st QR, therefore cannot meet.

I understand Cork City FCs position with the CL Rico and the board know what they need and its 3 quality players, they are sacrificing early league form to finance this.

Altho it sucks as a fan and its a huge gamble, if it works out even a game vs a PL team will justify it. pats could have been top 5 times this season so its not like someone is pulling away so in the 2nd and 3rf series everyone is catchable....just dont lose to your rivals which Cork are sorta doing.

/Derry will win league Cork will play superb in Cl Qfs.

kdjac

• Advertisement

finnpark wrote:
    Ive been informed Galway Utd will be in new "Premiership". Dublin City, UCD are gone although I cannot see them relegating their best mate Pat Devlin(bRAY).

Probale Premiership:
    Derry
    Shels
    Cork
    Drogs
    Bohs
    Galway
    St Pats
    Longford
    ?
    ?

Shams and Athlone ?

Shams and Athlone ?

Whoever it is will need a completed stadium.

I think Finn Harps, Athlone, Sligo and Shams will be in running along with Bray and Waterford. It will come down to pull. Its a pitty Limerick didnt sort themselves out, there is great potential there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

That will do nicely! great goal to win it apparently.

Oh and Finnpark keep on believing that ;)

That will do nicely! great goal to win it apparently.

Oh and Finnpark keep on believing that ;)

Joesoap be along soon to post the goal for you, still hate longford tho.

kdjac

finnpark wrote:

CL seeding for 2006/7.

http://www.xs4all.nl/~kassiesa/bert/uefa/seedcl2006.html

It's ok KDJAC ;)

Just wish we could show some fight in the league against teams we should be beating (bray) it is all good and well winning the big cup games or upping the performances against the langers,bohs etc.

With these new proposals in Longford should be relatively ok on most of the criteria, attendances though god knows only the main group of loyal fans we have is going to games at the moment, dont know how it is going to change, maybe a decent cup run can do something and get the fairweather back in off their holes sat at home. Also cant blame some for not showing to watch the droll that is on display at times.

It is also a problem the league in general faces, how do we start to get the barstoolers into the grounds?

It's ok KDJAC ;)

It is also a problem the league in general faces, how do we start to get the barstoolers into the grounds?

Why do we want them? They watch football on tv leave them to it.... some people ie fans go to games amd enjoy being there. Regardless of quality why care what Man U fans care about Longford? 90% of Man u fans think Andy Cole was **** the other 10 go to games and think he was a ****ing awesome player who entertained them.

Why does any EL club fan want these people supporting their clubs, they have no clue how football is played and only know what Niall Quiinn tells them. They may play ball but the idea of their neighbour being paid to play ball.... no other thing ...they get paid to play ball.. while we pack pallets solve IT problems or answer phones or ask if they want fries with that....they get paid to play ball. The respect is not there but still they think they are **** cos they not in England. I can see Osams house from my front window..... the best EL player EVER FACT!! but still people tell me it means nothing...not to me and not to him...he got paid to play football.

kdjac

Zebra3 wrote:

The bottom few are poor in the seeded side, malta champs and Macedonian champs. There are a few good ones at the top.

I agree with you in most of that KDJAC, however the barstoolers as much as they annoy many people are what are going to have to be got into the grounds if we are to go along with attracting new people to the league. I personally find it amazing the way people can be so dismissive if their own countrys league but thats a rant for another thread.

Good win for Athlone, Eric's strike turning the tables on his former employers be interesting to see how long he lasts in Athlone!

• Advertisement

Dundalk beat Cobh 1-0 today.

5 Cork teams started in this round, could be zero by 9.30pm tonight!

Shels beat Bangor Celtic 3-1 away...in Tolka. :)

Goals from Heary, J.Byrne, and S.Byrne.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

KdjaC wrote:
    Joesoap be along soon to post the goal for you, still hate longford tho.

kdjac

I'll try my best!

I found them on corkcity.ie homepage. That strike at the end gets better and better :)

Castlebar Celt 0-2 Shamrock Rvs
    Ryan s/o 90 Doyle 48
    Armond 70

Malahide Utd 0-2 St Pat's Ath
    Cromwell s/o 39 M Quigley 9
    Molloy 25

Wayside Celtic 0-1 Killester Utd
    Keogh 90

Easy enough for us, coudlnt get a lift and didnt fancy 70 minutes on a CIE bus. So we were deadly and should have scored 40.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

KdjaC wrote:
    coudlnt get a lift and didnt fancy 70 minutes on a CIE bus
    :eek:

Malahide? It's hardly Timbuktu.

Was it raining or something? Hole in your raincoat?

About Rico, I hear he was going on about the ref being from Dublin, is this true?

If it is true, then I wonder if Dolan affected Cork, or Cork affected Dolan.

• Advertisement

seansouth wrote:
    KdjaC wrote:
    coudlnt get a lift and didnt fancy 70 minutes on a CIE bus
    :eek:

Malahide? It's hardly Timbuktu.

Was it raining or something? Hole in your raincoat?

About Rico, I hear he was going on about the ref being from Dublin, is this true?

If it is true, then I wonder if Dolan affected Cork, or Cork affected Dolan.

Yeah its miles away, nice day too. The ref is Stokes Ex Pats fan club chairman :eek: , he lives in Inchicore and gives any away team double free kicks just to appear non biased. Rico just not doing his job and blaming everyone but himself the players and the club for poor form. He has no clue how bad Stokes is for us every 2nd week.

kdjac

To be fair to Rico, while he went way OTT in the press conference, he spoke about reffing in general in the league, how poor it is.

As for not doing his job? Kdjac, you will have to do better to get a rise out of me there. City are still sitting fairly pretty in the league, and with the addition of a few players during the transfer window, will be in the mix come November again.

Re Carrigaline Vs Sligo last night. While Sligo were by far the better side, Carrigaline had two goals dissallowed at 0-1, both of which were poor decisions. 0-4 flattered Sligo, maybe 1-3 would have been fairest, as Sligo were given a poor penalty as well.

Apparently Peter Hutton broke his nose in their game Vs Blarney last night. Derry won 1-3, and apparently didnt even break a sweat.

gimmick wrote:
    To be fair to Rico, while he went way OTT in the press conference, he spoke about reffing in general in the league, how poor it is.

As for not doing his job? Kdjac, you will have to do better to get a rise out of me there. City are still sitting fairly pretty in the league, and with the addition of a few players during the transfer window, will be in the mix come November again.

1st it was players trying to kill georgie (did Johnny mac cry to the press when Shels took out OConnor or when Cork tried to take him out?) If he was doing his job with his team they would be playing well. Most Cork fans i know dreading the rest of the season as you dont look anything like champions. All hoping for 3 players in the window, most fans know football doesnt work like that you dont just add in 3 players mid season and they click.

edit found this on foot.ie

http://corkcityfc.ie/forums/index.php?showtopic=10593
    kdjac

KdjaC wrote:
    Easy enough for us, coudlnt get a lift and didnt fancy 70 minutes on a CIE bus.

DART? :rolleyes:

^ You are overlooking facts. CCFC are still in with a big shout of retaining the title. Presently, CCFC are in the worst run the club have been in in over 2 years, but the fact there is only a handful of points between the top 3 with 23 games to play is what comforts me.

Re the link, I wouldnt concern myself with that. Horrible over reaction from the same people who over reacted after losing to Portadown in the Setanta Cup last season. We all saw what happened from there on in.

Sure, in a perfect world, City would have signed quality players in the close season, went on to win all their matches to date. The world aint perfect, but the fact that City are still loitering around top spot speaks volumes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Dundalk beat Cobh 1 - 0. Goal from peter hynes , puts us through to the next round and gives us another point on the on the FAI board for getting into the new league. I dont think they will be picking dundalk,which will be a shame for the league itself.

^ On that, Henderson went off on one over the referee in that match also.

Must be something in the water down these parts! :)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Cbar Celtic put up a brave display and it took a great save from the rovers keeper to keep it level up to half time. But the class told in the end. Rovers fans were excellent, we were told that they had a bad reputation the never caused one issue all day long. Good learning experience for our boys but such is. Well done Rovers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

gimmick wrote:
    ^ On that, Henderson went off on one over the referee in that match also.

Must be something in the water down these parts! :)

Yeah cobh had two players sent off , the first decesion to me seemed crazy, dont think the ref had the best of games to be honest Dundalk for once dominated the match from start to finish.the cobh keeper pulled off the best peno save i might ever see in my life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Anybody know what "incidents" happened at the Athlone Town - Galway United match involving some Athlone fans that were not part of Mad As Cootes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭johnos

KdjaC wrote:
    Why does any EL club fan want these people supporting their clubs, they have no clue how football is played and only know what Niall Quiinn tells them.
    To pay our players' wages, to put money into the clubs, to improve clubs' ability to attract and keep good players, and to improve facilities. Their job is to spin turnstiles, applaud, and chant a bit, not to offer in-depth analysis.
    It's all very well playing eL hardcore, but football needs fans, and clubs, and the dedicated fans who care about them should welcome new support whoever they are and wherever they come from.

johnos wrote:
    To pay our players' wages, to put money into the clubs, to improve clubs' ability to attract and keep good players, and to improve facilities. Their job is to spin turnstiles, applaud, and chant a bit, not to offer in-depth analysis.
    It's all very well playing eL hardcore, but football needs fans, and clubs, and the dedicated fans who care about them should welcome new support whoever they are and wherever they come from.

Pats have 4500 fans when winning leagues 2500 when not, 750 when playing Harolds X. In 20 odd years that hasnt changed, i dont expect/care if it does or doesnt. Why do people assume that if we all nice stadia with seats and covered people who dont go to football matches will start going....LOL yeah that worked for Shels didnt it and they have all seater stadia decent team and play nice football, are they filling their ground every week? Badly in need of bigger ground? Im thinking no.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Newflash ::KdjaC in complementing Shelbourne's style of football shocker!

Expected to be quickly retracted and replaced with rumours of a transfer for one Joseph Ndo. :)

<---

MONDAY MAY 29
    FAI CARLSBERG CUP REPLAYS
    Kildare County 0-1 Bray Wands
    Caffrey 76

Drogheda Utd 0-1 Limerick FC
    Guerin 49

Drogs out too.

still no fans einzie ;p

kdjac

Wow, Drogs must be in crisis now as well, afterall, they are the cup holders. And they arent top of the league either.

Sack the board. Sack the manager. Sack everyone.

Shels, Derry, Pats and Longford will be very happy with this weekends results.

• Advertisement
Advertisement