Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ideas or advice needed in a hurry.

Options
  • 26-05-2006 8:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭

Just need a bit of advice.
    My youngest sister, also a wheelchair user and very emotional, has just lost the dog she has had for 14 years, died in its sleep it seems.
    Im wondering about the next step, basically what to do with the body, what is normal proceedure etc?
    She was a small terrier type, god I miss her too. *sigh* 14 years ago I brought her home in my jacket having found her in a litter in a par.

Anyways, unfortunately there is nowhere she can be buried as they have a smallish garden with another dog. And having the body there, she is just completely, well, bawling her eyes out everytime she looks at the bag/box they have her in.

Any ideas as to what can be done quicker than waiting for the vet to open tomorrow, she has to think that junior is being treated with respect rather than "disposed of" :( ... unfortunately no relatives are available to help so its just her and my father.

b

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Any neighbour you could leave him with overnight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭FranknFurter

Spurious, I wish there was, unfortunately its not possible. The only neighbour is a 90 year old woman who would be totally freaked out at the idea.

b

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Irish-Lass

would you not try a vet that is open on a saturday not sure what part of the country you are in but most vets open on a saturday or at least have a number you can ring.

You could always get the dog cremated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭FranknFurter

Yep, did that first thing this morning, twas last night the problem was, she was so upset she was whipping herself up into hysterics.

Anyways, its over now.

b

Advertisement