Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 Ireland Planet 3(3G) settings

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 costello2s

Those are the setting:) s on my n70, do u have the full mms settings?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭EIN

hi there
    did you manage to get your sim free n70 working on three ireland?

for mms, and their portal, video downloads etc?

can you post working settins here?

how is your sim free phone working on three?
    is it working perfectly? and are all features working?

For Internet:
    APN: 3ireland.ie
    Authentication: secure
    Homepage: [url]Http://mobile.3ireland.ie/hb/ie/n66xx/HutchKey[/url]
    (you could try replacing n66xx with mv3x)

For MMS:
    Authentication: secure
    Homepage: [url]Http://mms.um.3ireland.ie:10021/mmsc[/url]

The above settings work perfectly for the browser, change the n66xx to n70. I can view all Planet3 services including video streaming on an unlocked Vodafone N70.
    Remember to change the access point in ur realplayer or else you wont be able to stream.

Try the mms settings above, i have been unable to send or recieve any mms. Maybe u can tinker with the settings, let me know if u manage to get mms working.

Also tried the 3 sim in a 2.5g 6230, worked perfectly made calls, so anyone who claims a 3 sim doesnt work in a 2.5g phone please note.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 JohnLS

3 sim will work in 2.5g phone but the terms and conditions you agreed to states that you can't put your sim into anything but a 3g capabile phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭EIN

tried these settings, everything works fine except for mms!

rang three and they told me that i can only use my 3 sim card in a fone provided by them.

rang three yesterday and they said that i could use the sim in any 3g handset!

seems like some ppl there need more training. anyways everything works ok except for mms!

does anyone know how to get the mms working?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 JohnLS

I have a sim free nokia N80 and I finally got the mms working.

In connections put in the mms settings as described above but when you are putting them press the options key and there is an "Advanced Settings" option. In here use these settings:

Network type: IPv4
    Phone IP Address: Automatic
    DNS address: Automatic
    Proxy serv. address: mms.3ireland.ie
    Proxy port number: 8799

:D

Hope this helps.

JohnLs

Those setting also work for my n70.

thanks a mil..:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

I think the basic policy in 3 is that they only want 3-approved handset as they don't want to have support issues.

Their terms and conditions are pretty clear about not using their handsets with other SIMs other handsets with their SIMs.

I would assume that because they've so many complications with video content etc etc that they simply pre-programme and lock their handsets making it easy to support.

Vodafone's quite similar with Live! just not QUITE as restrictive.

It's also good from the company's point of view in terms of tight branding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 pajarzy

any chance for 3g/internet/mms settings for SE p1i in 3?

appreciate any help

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 stifffler

have you got internet settings for se satio on 3 ireland pls??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Zombie alert............

3 ISP (Internet)

data bearer: packet data
    username: none
    prompt password:no
    password: none
    authentication:normal
    homepage:http://mobile.3ireland.ie/hb/HutchKey/
    network type:IPv4
    phone IP address:automatic
    name servers (DNS): automatic
    proxy address:none
    proxy port:0

thank u soooo much i couldnt get it anywhere.was still waitin 4 reply from three.ie and its been over week thanks a million

hi wuold u have settings for mms as well? i really appreciate your help. thanx

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

3 MMS

connection name:3MMS
    homepage:http://mms.um.3ireland.ie:10021/mmsc/
    proxy address:mms.3ireland.ie
    proxy port:8799

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055516939

thank u ur gr8

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭MrTrebus

these dont seem to work with a 3g iPhone on 3.1.3,
    there is an OTA update for 4.01 s/w

Does anyone have the working MMS settings for 3.1.3 on the three network right now ??
    Internet seems to work fine with no settings installed for them !!

cheers

MrTrebus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 steo2009

hi do you know how to set 3 networt settings on a htc g1 phone cheers.

Davy wrote: »
    3 MMS

connection name:3MMS
    homepage:http://mms.um.3ireland.ie:10021/mmsc/
    proxy address:mms.3ireland.ie
    proxy port:8799

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055516939

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Deisefarmer

Does anyone know does the 3ireland wireless dongle work with an Engenius ESR6650 router? I can get a connection from on a laptop in an attic,but the router in the same location will not connect.

hi dose anyone have the 3 network settings for a sim free samsung galaxy s.

I have load of problems i cant top up my 3 pay, its is due to me changing from vodafone to 3 and keep my same number.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,215 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

steo2009 wrote: »
    hi dose anyone have the 3 network settings for a sim free samsung galaxy s.

I have load of problems i cant top up my 3 pay, its is due to me changing from vodafone to 3 and keep my same number.

Did you call 1913 and ask them, have you the 3 isp and mms settings set up (there posted earlier in this thread)

Have you the phone on private when your trying to top up, what's happening when you try and call 1744?

• Advertisement

hi yes i got the settings off them now, but i cant top up my credit, when i call 1744 it say please enter the phone number you wish to top up, so i do enter my number, than it says sorry please enter the number, and over and over again same stuff. so im on the phone to them now, but waiting about 20 mins to get answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

I finally got my phone ported from Meteor to 3 yesterday but I cant access the net as the server is still linked to Meteor. I want the internet browser to direct to Planet 3

I have a SE W995 and I went into SETTINGS-CONNECTIVITY-INTERNET SETTINGS - CONNECT USING.

As far as I can gather I have to set up a new Data Account at this point and when I do it is asking for the following information

Name
    External ID
    APN
    Username
    Password
    Login Request
    ID Address
    DNS Address
    Authentication
    Data Compression
    Header compr
    Proxy Settings

Anybody any ideas what info I should put in there or am I in the right section of the phone at all?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭MrGarak

Any idea if the settings here might work for the new HTC Desire HD?

If they work for the HD2 they should work on it I guess?

I want to switch from O2 PAYG to Three as they have the internet data plan for 4.99 per month, which the other networks don't seem to offer, just the usual ripoff 99c per day only.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,215 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

steo2009 wrote: »
    when i call 1744 it say please enter the phone number you wish to top up, so i do enter my number, than it says sorry please enter the number, and over and over again same stuff. so im on the phone to them now, but waiting about 20 mins to get answer.

Did you get the top up sorted, if you didn't double check that your numbers not on private as it sounds like it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

MrGarak wrote: »
    Any idea if the settings here might work for the new HTC Desire HD?

If they work for the HD2 they should work on it I guess?

Yes they will. The settings are the same for all phones, they're just entered differently depending on the phone's interface

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

gazzer wrote: »
    I finally got my phone ported from Meteor to 3 yesterday but I cant access the net as the server is still linked to Meteor. I want the internet browser to direct to Planet 3

I have a SE W995 and I went into SETTINGS-CONNECTIVITY-INTERNET SETTINGS - CONNECT USING.

As far as I can gather I have to set up a new Data Account at this point and when I do it is asking for the following information

Name
    External ID
    APN
    Username
    Password
    Login Request
    ID Address
    DNS Address
    Authentication
    Data Compression
    Header compr
    Proxy Settings

Anybody any ideas what info I should put in there or am I in the right section of the phone at all?

Thanks

Name: whatever you want
    External ID: No idea, leave it blank
    APN: 3ireland.ie or 3internet, try both
    Username: blank
    Password: blank
    Login Request: off
    ID Address: Is this supposed to be IP address? Either way leave blank
    DNS Address: Automatic/blank
    Authentication: Normal or PAP. Not secure
    Data Compression: off
    Header compr: off
    Proxy Settings: none

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    Yes they will. The settings are the same for all phones, they're just entered differently depending on the phone's interface

Ah good stuff, thank you!

I started using my 3 sim card finally and the settings seem to be working grand.

The network doesn't seem too Desire HD friendly though as I can't see my current balance on My3, when I try to top up online it says the bank has refused the transaction and when I ring 1744 it accepts my PW but says my number doesn't exist, so basically I can't top up at all.

The only HTC device you can select on My3 is some phone called the 'TyTn', they don't even have the Wildfire or Desire which are available on 3, now I remember why I left them before!

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭GeneticDeviant

Any idea of the settings i need to get a motorola defy to work on my three contract sim? ie internet and mms settings?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭bd250110

MrGarak wrote: »
    The only HTC device you can select on My3 is some phone called the 'TyTn', they don't even have the Wildfire or Desire which are available on 3, now I remember why I left them before!

It wouldn't be under android, would it? Might be worth a shot to select any android phone you can find SGS is probably the closest?

Advertisement