Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

3 Ireland Planet 3(3G) settings

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

MrGarak wrote: »
    The only HTC device you can select on My3 is some phone called the 'TyTn', they don't even have the Wildfire or Desire which are available on 3, now I remember why I left them before!

To top up you need your caller id switched on. Can you get onto planet 3? If you get onto my3 can you not click on check my balance. You don't need to select phone type....that's only for add on's.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭mark1974

Davy wrote: »
    3 MMS

connection name:3MMS
    data bearer: packet data
    APN: 3ireland.ie
    username: none
    prompt password:no
    password: none
    authentication:normal
    homepage:http://mms.um.3ireland.ie:10021/mmsc/
    network type:IPv4
    phone IP address:automatic
    name servers (DNS): automatic
    proxy address:mms.3ireland.ie
    proxy port:8799

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055516939

Exellent.
    I can now send MMS on my Nokia N8 :D:D:D
    I spent 65 minutes on the phone with a three network Tech last week and although he did everything he was "trained" to do and was as helpful as he could have been he still could not get the phone to send mms.
    Maybe I should ring him back and get him to look at this site :rolleyes::rolleyes:
    Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 CoolBreeze

Having similar problems with my SE X10. Moved from o2 over to 3, got the phone unlocked but now i can't access the internet through 3g at all. Does anyone have any idea of what settings to use? These are the fields i'm getting when i go to create an access point:

Name
    APN
    Proxy
    Port
    Username
    Password
    Server
    MMSC
    MMS proxy
    MMS port
    MCC
    MNC
    Authentication type
    APN type

Thanks in advance ...

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭tyres

Pretty much given up hope on this but having trouble with my iphone with regards to getting 3G coverage up and running. Below is the text that I wrote in a previous post on the Apple Media Devices board.

Is there any APN settings that I could enter that might sort it for me or am I better off resigning myself to the fact that 3G just isn't an option for me........

3g issue - can't figure it out?? any ideas??
    Hi

I have just ported from O2 to Three and unlocked my Iphone 3GS and just restored factory settings for second time through the new itunes (version 10).

When I go to Settings - General - Network there is no Enable 3G option.

I've just gone to Network and the Enable 3G seems to have vanished from menu. The options available are just Cellular Data - Data Roaming - Internet Tethering - VPN - Wi Fi

All I have in the top left of screen is the menu bar and the network I'm with (in this case 3). There is no problem with regards to WIFI but can't figure out how to get 3G working. I have tried the switching to Airplane Mode option and back again but to no avail.

Pretty new to this sort of thing so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭MrGarak

Thanks for the suggestions lads, the SIM card was actually faulty or else the operator messed up the porting process. I got a new one and have been able to use it normally.

I see they're still blocking websites through their 3G/H service:
    This web page is unavailable to view

Is there a way to fix this or will they remove the block If I ring them? I've tried changing my APN to 3internet with no luck. Apart from that fully satisfied with the service now so far.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

CoolBreeze wrote: »
    Having similar problems with my SE X10. Moved from o2 over to 3, got the phone unlocked but now i can't access the internet through 3g at all. Does anyone have any idea of what settings to use? These are the fields i'm getting when i go to create an access point:

Name
    APN
    Proxy
    Port
    Username
    Password
    Server
    MMSC
    MMS proxy
    MMS port
    MCC
    MNC
    Authentication type
    APN type

Thanks in advance ...

I also moved from meteor to 3 and get the same access fields. Anyway someone can give us the settings on this way? I got a sim free samsung galaxy s plus!!

Pretty pretty please!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

tatabubbly wrote: »
    CoolBreeze wrote: »

Name
    APN
    Proxy
    Port
    Username
    Password
    Server
    MMSC
    MMS proxy
    MMS port
    MCC
    MNC
    Authentication type
    APN type

Thanks in advance ...

I also moved from meteor to 3 and get the same access fields. Anyway someone can give us the settings on this way? I got a sim free samsung galaxy s plus!!

Pretty pretty please!!!

Does anyone know these settings???

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭andrewdeerpark

For those with an N8 changing MMS settings is a real pain. At least with my O2 unlocked -> moved the three phone.

I had to download the Nokia NCT and edit it in Windows, via that tool (Nokia Ovi Suite was already on the PC so do not know if that is required aswell) that was the only way I could edit the O2 MMS settings, to the Three ones supplied here.

Note my N8 is bang up to date with the new Symbian Belle.

Just a tip for those frustrated N8 owners moving from O2.

My wife's E52 was very easy in comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 BigjonH

Hi looking for help. I have iPhone 4 but last couple days it's saying No Service I can' only use phone on wifi and it works ok but can't make calls or txt. I have emailed 3 waiting for reply I wonder if phone is Kaput any help be great

Advertisement