Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

smackdown spoiler

• 27-05-2006 12:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭

mark out moment for me anyway, ugh i've been reading to many wrestling forums :o

the leprechaun made his debut

wooohooooo

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I didn't actually think it was too bad so far! I liked seeing Finlay's attitude towards the guy, givin him a boot up the arse to get him back under the ring! I'm not sure it'd be as good if he was like Finlay's sidekick, like a manager or something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

Eh........ That was so funny!
    Just came outa no where. :D
    I bet Americans loved it even more. Still not sure what the point of it all is though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I thought it was lame beyond belief. Finlay looked embarrassed after it and I don't blame him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭the sunbabe wan

I thought it was lame beyond belief. Finlay looked embarrassed after it and I don't blame him.

bit of humour *sigh* the fighting irish n all.... oh lord the americans indeed are gonna love this.

i thought it was funny...

bit of humour *sigh* the fighting irish n all.... oh lord the americans indeed are gonna love this.

i thought it was funny...

Hang on, you find a midget dressed up in green coming from under the ring and being unleashed on another wrestler funny and because I don't you think I'm the one who needs a sense of humour? Are you for real?

I'm a big wrestling fan but it's that kind of nonsense that makes me uneasy about stating that in public.

Imagine being in a public place and asking for the bar owner to turn on wrestling and then subjecting the whole bar to what that midget leprechaun did on Smackdown. I'd be cringing.

Apparently you'd find it hilarious. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

i think it'll be fine as long as they don't use diddley-aye music.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

I did n't like it at all. The only think that I thought was any bit funny was when he kicked the midget back under the ring. But that did n't save it for me.

But other people who were against the idea told me they loved it so perhaps Finaly can make it work for him.

Its still totally unneccssary though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭jongore

seemed pointless, the match was over and he didn't add anything to Finlay who's been over as a legit heel.

The only way I think it could have worked okay would be if the midget wanted to work with Finlay and so decided to dress up as a leprechaun to do so.

Then Finlay could have been pissed off with him but yet still use him when necessary to win matches. At least that would have had logic to it.

I'm not sure how they'll explain what happened on Friday's show.

Hang on, you find a midget dressed up in green coming from under the ring and being unleashed on another wrestler funny and because I don't you think I'm the one who needs a sense of humour? Are you for real?

I'm a big wrestling fan but it's that kind of nonsense that makes me uneasy about stating that in public.

Imagine being in a public place and asking for the bar owner to turn on wrestling and then subjecting the whole bar to what that midget leprechaun did on Smackdown. I'd be cringing.

Apparently you'd find it hilarious. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

i never said it was hilarious, i said it was funny, i'm beyond taking wwe so seriously any more, theres no point. as long as they have good wrestling matches, then it's fine.....
    although, i watched it earlier and to be honest, i couldnt understand why the little man was pycho...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭TOPDAWG

i couldnt understand why the little man was pycho...

cos he's LITTLE. its scientifically proven little people are very angry. small man syndrome or something. ha ha :p:p

Probably cos Finlay's opponent (really can't remember who it was right now..) was tryin to steal his crock of gold

My point of view is that WWE has done much worse and much more embarrassing stuff than this, and so far, it hasn't been as bad as any of that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Fozzy wrote:

My point of view is that WWE has done much worse and much more embarrassing stuff than this, and so far, it hasn't been as bad as any of that

Well you can't get much lower than necrophilia.

Fozzy wrote:
    Probably cos Finlay's opponent (really can't remember who it was right now..) was tryin to steal his crock of gold

*cough* katie vick *cough*

i have seen the wwe go lower than bringing a fecking leprechaun, vince put it on the money right there with necrophilia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭slicus ricus

I thought it was very funny tbh, particularly the way Finlay kicked him back under the ring. Dont see why people are getting so upset about this - Finlay puts on a great match in the ring, theres a bit of comedy afterward - im cool with that.

I also thought Shortstack did a great job as the leprachaen. Think the guy deserves credit for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

Gotta say, I enjoyed that, especially finlay lifting up the leprechaun and throwing him down on burchill .... it's all good.

Also liked finlay telling the ref to give him his shilleligh (?) after the match.

i have seen the wwe go lower than bringing a fecking leprechaun, vince put it on the money right there with necrophilia.

That was what I was saying, the leprechaun is nowhere near as bad as that. And in the whole scale of stuff WWE has done, I think some people are overreacting way too much

Advertisement