Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beers night CANCELLED - Letterkenny -Friday 17th November.

Options
  • 27-05-2006 12:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭

While looking around Boards.ie, I notice a lot of beers evenings. Would there be enough interest to arrange one for the North West? As this is a big area, I would propose a Donegal meeting first, although all members would be free to attend. In honour of Paddy20, I would suggest Ballybofey for this momentous occasion. I would think that a few people would want to remain anonymous and their wishes would have to be respected. I will use this thread to gauge the reaction.

Where should a beers night be held? 19 votes

Ballybofey.
    0% 0 votes
    Letterkenny.
    26% 5 votes
    Buncrana.
    42% 8 votes
    Donegal Town.
    21% 4 votes
    Paddy20's house (careful - thats a vote for Ballybofey)
    10% 2 votes
    Atari Jaguar.
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,336 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

It would be a very dry beers night for anyone who isn't from the twin towns and has to drive.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭donegalman1

Yeah, cos we couldn't sleep over at paddys - apparently no one can get to sleep there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭jimmeh

has to be letterkenny :)

• Registered Users Posts: 46,014 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Taxis or B & B's you miserable shower.

Count me in smashey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

Darn good idea smashey, and as the Twin-Towns are the centre of the universe :) , then I have to support Ballybofey as the location ;) .

P. :cool:

• Advertisement

Yeah, cos we couldn't sleep over at paddys - apparently no one can get to sleep there

I hear muffler has loads of room :D .

Paddy20 wrote:
    I hear muffler has loads of room :D .

True, out in the back shed :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Drinking in the left bank in sligo tonight, if nobody here joins me, I'll be my own beers!

Drinking in the left bank in sligo tonight, if nobody here joins me, I'll be my own beers!
    Are you buying :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

muffler wrote:
    Are you buying :)
    Of course.

For the hot girls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Damn it Tar. I am a regular visitor to Sligo but I can't make it tonight. Will you be okay on your own?

I'm sure I'll make some friends or at least one. ;)
    Fingers crossed.

It would be a very dry beers night for anyone who isn't from the twin towns and has to drive.....
    jimmeh has to be letterkenny

I know we are well spread out here but I would be willing to travel to Ballybofey. Maybe we could make this a regular thing and have one in Letterkenny later on this year and then maybe Donegal Town or the dogs in Lifford.

Could we have a 'show of hands' and we can see if it could happen.

Ahem, Jackson's of course, so that I can have a sneaky smoke in the garden ;) Not that I am prejudiced, of course, but they also have plenty of rooms (At negotiable rates for those who might not wish to drive, after a few large one's, or those wishing to spend the night?.. for other lucky reason's !)

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Oooh, a Donegal Beers! Interesting! :)

Shame yis picked Twin Towns! :( Getting a taxi in early hours back to LKY while possibly in a drunken stupor :D isn't going to be easy!

Not easy, but possible. Be positive.

byte

Arena7 in Letterkenny should be the pub of choice! :)

Maybe I can convince the gf to go, and let her drink minerals and drive home :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭jimmeh

good choice byte :) thats stagger distance for me :)

byte wrote:
    Arena7 in Letterkenny should be the pub of choice! :)

Maybe I can convince the gf to go, and let her drink minerals and drive home :D

Would I be right in thinking you live next door to Arena7?:D

Anyway, The reason I picked Ballybofey is that it is fairly central for Lifford, Letterkenny and Donegal Town. Also, i'm not forgetting Mountcharles, Raphoe, Convoy and the Finn Valley which are all quite close.

Maybe if we get the first one over and done with, we could arrange one for Letterkenny in the Autumn. This would be handier for all those from Inishowen. (Although they are more than welcome to go to Ballybofey).

smashey, I think it would be great to meet up with some of the fellow boardsters for a few jars. The 2 main problems are going to be place and date. I agree with the idea of having one in some town or other initially and then if all goes well we could have another in a different town in say 4 or 5 months time.

You dont fancy trying to organise it. Maybe pick a couple of alternative dates and fire off a PM to evryone you can think of (Name Check thread would be a good place to start)

Personally I would think a Friday night would be good but thats just my view

• Advertisement
    byte

@ Smashey: No, I don't live near Arena7 I'm in Glencar, opposite end of the city! :)

@ muffler: I'd prefer Saturday night, but indeed Friday night is good too, as I usually don't work Saturdays!

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭foggy

I'd be up for a few drinks, would need to know when though. have a lot of things happening the next few weeks, so would need to be end of june/ beginning of july.
    Oh and Byte if the gf does drive, can i get a lift back to letterkenny with you?

byte wrote:
    Oooh, a Donegal Beers! Interesting! :)

Shame yis picked Twin Towns! :( Getting a taxi in early hours back to LKY while possibly in a drunken stupor :D isn't going to be easy!

People from different areas could share the taxi cost ?...and believe me local Twin-Towns area taxi's are well used to carrying fare's who are in a drunken stupor ;) ..at all hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭bettlebrox

I vote for Aranmore or Tory! Drink late, fall asleep in a ditch and catch the 1st ferry back in the morning!

bettlebrox wrote:
    I vote for Aranmore or Tory! Drink late, fall asleep in a ditch and catch the 1st ferry back in the morning!
    Been there, done that and i can tell you its not a pleasant trip back on the first ferry. 40 shades of green springs to mind :o

• Registered Users Posts: 14,234 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

count me in for a letterkenny meeting

Listen folks, smashey has proposed a very good idea on his thread.

However,as usual we have those making it hard to arrange, because of their suggestions regarding where it shoul be held & when !.

Can I respectfully suggest to 'one and all' that IMHO you either support his Twin-Towns beers night idea and the night he decide's, or forget it.

Personally,More than likely I willl not be able to attend anyway, for genuine health reason's, depending on my condition on a particular night, but I sincerely believe his effort's are worthy of your support. No matter which town he decide's upon.

I wish him luck and your goodwill :) , as he deserve's it.

Enjoy.

N.B. God help anyone trying to arrange a full North-West forum: Beers Night :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,336 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

It would have to be somewhere with wifi access - how else would we all communicate?

It would have to be somewhere with wifi access - how else would we all communicate?
    `

Darn good idea :D , I could be there without being there ;) .How about a webcam as well ?...

P.:cool:

• Advertisement

It's not looking too healthy. As it stands, the following have shown interest.

smashey
    muffler
    Byte
    foggy
    jimmeh

Come on you lot, surely we can do better than that?

Advertisement