Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beers night CANCELLED - Letterkenny -Friday 17th November.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

What about retalivity and jimmycrackcorm

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

retalivity said he would go if it was in Letterkenny.

Travel retalivity travel.

jimmycrackcorm could be added to the list. It all depends on wifi availability.:D

What say you, jimmy?

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

@Paddy: I think it's unfair to think everyone can just automatically make their way to Twin Towns. Whilst getting to Twin Towns will be easy enough, getting home again, presumably later at night will not be as easy. Taxi's will be busier, and I'd expect to have to sit about waiting ages for a taxi that will be able to take me to LKY. Then there's the issue of costs....

I have said I'm interested. However, since the event will be in Twin Towns, I'll need to rely on gf to take me there and back. As she works shifts and can work late at night, I can't guarantee I can attend.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

If it was Ballybofey then what are the odds on a fight breaking out?

smashey wrote:
    retalivity said he would go if it was in Letterkenny.

Travel retalivity travel.

jimmycrackcorm could be added to the list. It all depends on wifi availability.:D

What say you, jimmy?

I might be tempted but depends on dependents.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

smashey,

As Boards beers nights, have I believe only been held in the Dublin region, up to now, as far as I am aware.

It would be interesting to know the statistics on turn outs, based on membership percentages ?...if these statistics are available then logical comparisons of support could prove interesting, maybe the Mod's could help with this piece of research ?...;)

P. :cool:

Paddy20 wrote:
    smashey,

As Boards beers nights, have I believe only been held in the Dublin region, up to now, as far as I am aware.

It would be interesting to know the statistics on turn outs, based on membership percentages ?...if these statistics are available then logical comparisons of support could prove interesting, maybe the Mod's could help with this piece of research ?...;)

The mods all got too drunk to remember who turned up...

byte wrote:
    @Paddy: I think it's unfair to think everyone can just automatically make their way to Twin Towns. Whilst getting to Twin Towns will be easy enough, getting home again, presumably later at night will not be as easy. Taxi's will be busier, and I'd expect to have to sit about waiting ages for a taxi that will be able to take me to LKY. Then there's the issue of costs....

I have said I'm interested. However, since the event will be in Twin Towns, I'll need to rely on gf to take me there and back. As she works shifts and can work late at night, I can't guarantee I can attend.

byte,

Did you not read my reply to your previous post, on the same issue's ?...;)

byte

There has been Boards Beers in Galway, and I think Dundalk also.

If paddy20 turned up you'd easily recognize him as he'd be wearing little smiley badges all over....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

byte wrote:
    There has been Boards Beers in Galway, and I think Dundalk also.
    There have been beers all over the country, I've been to a few galway ones as well as the main ones.

byte

And, if I remember right, there was a Boards Beers event in Letterkenny a year or two ago.

Maybe this thread should be posted on Events forum also.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭weeginger

You can count me in for this one, who knows I might even be a double D on the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Any takers for SLIGO. :)

weeginger wrote:
    You can count me in for this one, who knows I might even be a double D on the night.
    32 or 34 :D:D

I was thinking about this and one of Paddy20's posts on another thread. Paddy said something to muffler about hiding behind the name 'muffler'. To me, this would be a good enough reason not to have the beer night, as maybe most people here quite like their anonymity.

Having said that, if people are still up for it, then how about this Friday or Saturday night in Ballybofey/Stranorlar? I will gauge the reaction over the next couple of days, and if it is going to happen, then we can all meet at the bus Eireann depot, with either a bunch of flowers or a newspaper under our arms as a method of identification. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭jimmeh

rally weekend, not a chance.

Yip, the rally will do nothing for a decent gathering of folk and I think maybe set a date for about 3 weeks time (just be careful with world cup matches;) )

That would give me time to get a bit of practice in :D

Not sure if this will help but you could post it up on the events forum here

But as I said earlier why not just pick a place and a night/alternative night, go through a list of the people here especially in the name check thread and bang them all off a PM with the details.

I think if we can get at least 5 or 6 it would be OK but it might be a bit of a bore with less than that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Donegal Lass

i could do letterkenny, ballybofey a little far for one nite?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,298 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

i could do letterkenny, ballybofey a little far for one nite?:D

oh really????

seriously, ive gotta behave myself before i get banned!!!!!

Yeah get an LK night going soon, before the end of the summer at least.

• Advertisement

retalivity wrote:
    oh really????

seriously, ive gotta behave myself before i get banned!!!!!

Yeah get an LK night going soon, before the end of the summer at least.

sounds good!!:rolleyes:

byte

A LK night sounds great to me too!

I suggest the Casbah! :D

For Ballybofey, it would probably need to be after the World Cup.

As for keeping anonymity, pfft! :) I don't really care, and the gathering won't be that big! Just have to make sure the Letterkenny Post or Donegal Post paparazzi don't go around with cameras taking photos for their "Out and About" section in their papers! :)

I go away for a couple of days, and look what happens. The Letterkenny crew try to get it to their area.

Travel, travel, travel.
    Be different.

Byte,

Why can we not go to Ballybofey during the World Cup?

smashey wrote:
    I go away for a couple of days, and look what happens. The Letterkenny crew try to get it to their area.

im not from letterkenny, its just a hell of a lot handier than going to ballybofey, plus theres more choice!!;)

Ok. We have talk on another thread about beers so I decided to bring this back to life. Let democracy run riot. Anybody interested, please let us have your preferred destination. After that, we will look at numbers and dates.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Letterkenny would suit me better personally. In Buncrana myself and I know a handful of others from the town that would probably go along.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭WunderFull

:o Ooh dear. I didn't realise there was already a forum about this. Apologieness.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Hmmm.. a beer night.. sounds good as long as the person doesnt fall asleep on the sofa !! Smashy.. fell asleep myself after over indulgence on Wednesday... middle age.. you're right

irish1967 wrote:
    Hmmm.. a beer night.. sounds good as long as the person doesnt fall asleep on the sofa !! Smashy.. fell asleep myself after over indulgence on Wednesday... middle age.. you're right

All of a sudden I don't feel so bad.

• Advertisement

Would a poll, not help to resolve 'The location issue'. There appears to be a lot of support for the 'Beers night idea' ;) ,and as muffler suggested in relation to another posters concern about 'knuckledusters being needed' if it was held in Ballybofey?..

No one need worry about such things, as physical violence has never been my style :D .

Advertisement