Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cooling system for AMD64

Options
  • 27-05-2006 2:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭

I'm having alot of trouble finding a suitable cooling system.

Specs: AMD64 4000 @2400
    Gigabyte GA-K8NMF-9
    Cooler master Centurion
    4oo Watt PSU Dual 12v Rails
    2x1g cosair twinx c2

Seeing as most air cool fans require you mount a plate to back of motherboard using four holes. My board does not have these so i cannot use a water cooling system either. At stock air flow is very bad in this case and cpu is idling at 45 and maxing at 54.

Does anyone know anything about this or even if i have to replace the boards or case. Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Optikus

Thats a socket 939 board o id recommend an Arctic Cooling Freezer 64, its the best A64 HSF on the market. It dosen't require you to use mounting brackets, it basically just clips on to your motherboard.

You can still use watercooling if you want, just get one with socket 939 fittings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭zerodown

ok thanks. where would i find that , i don't see it on komplett? Also theres a cooler master cpu water cooler but needs the plate at back. Its socket 939

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

you'll find it on overclockers.co.uk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭hopeful

zerodown wrote:

Seeing as most air cool fans require you mount a plate to back of motherboard using four holes. My board does not have these so i cannot use a water cooling system either. Thanks

Most AMD boards have just two holes that mount the stock backplate and stock CPU cooler clip on the front of the board. Most watercooling and aircooling systems will fit this board...just ensure they use an AMD two hole mounting system.
    Older AMD and most Intel boards use a four hole system.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Optikus

zerodown wrote:
    ok thanks. where would i find that , i don't see it on komplett? Also theres a cooler master cpu water cooler but needs the plate at back. Its socket 939

I have linked to where you can get it. And as already stated you use the two holes that hold in the stock AMD mounting system, its the square bit of plastic which surrounds the socket.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Dman_15

• Registered Users Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭savemejebus

you'll get the arctic freezer 64 at hitide.ie and if you're in dublin i think you can collect

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭zerodown

Thats Great thanks lads! :)

Back to the world of overclocking and gaming :D

Advertisement