Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

White Shaker style doors

Options
  • 27-05-2006 9:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭

Hi

I am looking for 7 white shaker style doors in the Dublin area.
    Does anyone know of a supplier?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

Hi

I am looking for 7 white shaker style doors in the Dublin area.
    Does anyone know of a supplier?

Standard size , or off standard. What material

kadman

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Viking House

Hi Kadman

Doors and frames should measure about 80cms.
    One toilet door is smaller.
    We can easily adjust the walls anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭blazesoftware

Hi

I looked for these everywhere and could not get them in white. I bought 8 in oak. I had planned to paint them white but now what they are up they look very nice. They still need to be varnished but I plan to varnish and leave oak upstairs and depending on how they look I may still paint them white downstairs.

I got my in Brooks Thomas at €125 per door for the oak. The other timbers were about €145. I'm told its better to get the maple if you are going to paint it as it has less grain.

The Door Store had them about €165. There are a few slight variations on the Shaker style too. Only slight though.

They come in various sizes and our walk in wardrobe door was an odd size but the carpenter cut them up and made a mini shaker door. Looks excellect. You would think it was bought like that.

Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭iplogger1

Are these engineered/veneered oak doors ?

Just wondering. I'm making decisions on internal doors myself
    and I'm veering more towards solid red deal/mortice tenon
    construction or some other solid timber doors (solid oak
    would be out of my price range).

~ipl

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭blazesoftware

Hi,

I've no idea. I think they are a mix of solid and veneer I think. I dont know. I just liked the look of them. Visit the shops to see them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Viking House

Thanks Blaze

Advertisement