Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBB Bray F***ed again

• 27-05-2006 11:54am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭

Its been down since about 2 yesterday.
    Allegedly there is angoing problem and I've to leave my alvarion box off for an hour and I "might" get a connection.

Seriously considering Eircom again.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭vasch_ro

its still down since last friday no IBB at all in Bray !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Tippex

Yep and everytime I call them they say it will be fixed tomorrow.
    How the hell can they run a business like this?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

DSL if you can get it Tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭richardo

And it's back up again....

Is this a record - 5 days without service?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭jeawan

id go Eircom if they enabled my exchange , but im stuck on Bray IBB and no service , im sick of it either going down are getting so much package lose that i can do Shi*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

I think they have enabled all exchanges around Bray. If you're failing the test, you're probably too far away by eircom's standards.

I see Digiweb boards around the place so I'm guessing Metro might be available in Bray now. Whether that service is any better I don't know. Are they using Windgates too I wonder?

Blaster99 wrote:
    I think they have enabled all exchanges around Bray. If you're failing the test, you're probably too far away by eircom's standards.

I see Digiweb boards around the place so I'm guessing Metro might be available in Bray now. Whether that service is any better I don't know. Are they using Windgates too I wonder?

im up in enniskerry so not on bray enchange ares is being upgraded at the moment , a mate told me if i though IBB was bad dont touch Digiweb they soposed to be worse , digiweb are in are area too as there is poster all over area

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 237 ✭✭tonkpills

Yay. Thank god I moved from IBB Bray to Eircom... With many thanks from my best friend 5 DOORS DOWN. Rofl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

I hope you all are taking notes of dates etc, to use against not paying for 1 week without service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Tis screwed in d15 as well, packet loss, time outs and high pings :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

jeawan wrote:
    im up in enniskerry so not on bray enchange ares is being upgraded at the moment , a mate told me if i though IBB was bad dont touch Digiweb they soposed to be worse , digiweb are in are area too as there is poster all over area

If you're in Enniskerry, you're seemingly either on the Bray exchange (which is enabled) or the Powercourt exchange (which is enabled). If you're on the Bray exchange you're too far away to get ADSL with current eircom thinking. As I said, all the exchanges around here are enabled.

I doubt any ISP could be worse than IBB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭JohnDigital

I am right now going to order eircom and Im cancelling IBB as soon as it is installed. The service has been entirely useless for almost a week now. I’ve still got 8 weeks left in my contract and they are insisting I see the contract out. The company is a total joke.

Their technical call centre is useless. When I was complaining the other day I asked to speak with a supervisor, and the guy told me there wasn’t one there. So then I asked for the name of the head of the call centre so that I could write to him and he said he didn’t know his full name, just that his first name is Mark. When I asked how he didn’t know the bosses name he said that Mark is hardly ever there. No wonder the service is so bad.

The call centre guy said that if I had complained each time the service was down I could get a refund for all the down time. I told him that it was hardly worth my time and phone bill doing so as I would be on the phone for an hour every other day. I then said to him that, as they know every time when the mast was offline in Bray they should compensate all customers. He laughed.

My dad was just about to order IBB for his business in Bray; I told him about all my issues with them and sent him the DSL route. I don’t feel too bad now; I saved him from similar trouble and cost IBB a large customer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭elmer

I rang today and the agent said that the sector i was on was up and running fine. I have an mtr going to my ip from another host on another network and it's hideous

I explained this and said that i believed there to be a fault further back into the network as i was seeing 90% packet loss on

DN02-fe-1-3-0-11-rte3rock.irishbroadband.ie

he reckoned it was because i had my computer turned off :/

anyhow - a reset of my modem will resolve the issue naturally my modem is generating packet loss 2 hops further back into the network so anyone who currently has packetloss will be grand once i reset my modem this evening :D

Blaster99 wrote:
    If you're in Enniskerry, you're seemingly either on the Bray exchange (which is enabled) or the Powercourt exchange (which is enabled). If you're on the Bray exchange you're too far away to get ADSL with current eircom thinking. As I said, all the exchanges around here are enabled.

I doubt any ISP could be worse than IBB.

Enniskerry has it own Exchange , but doesnt matter now as they enabled it wednesday so im moving to Eircom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭Nephew

i'm in bray and from 9.30am last friday until thursday evening i had no connection at all. its been patchy since it came back. we rang up a few times and were assured bray would be fixed that night. i told them i want to be compensated for the down days or i am cancelling my contract and they told me i would. i'm waiting a few more days to see how stable it is before i ring up again about the compensation. i advise all bray customers to do the same.

Advertisement