Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Subaru B9 Tribeca

Options
  • 27-05-2006 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭

anyone in the know, know what engines the new Tribeca is going to be available in Ireland?

The website is saying it will only be available in the 3.0litre petrol engine and will only come with the 5+2 seat configuration, where as in the US you can choose between 5 or 7 seats?

Any idea of prices? I can imagine they will be expensive but I want one.

How have they been reviewed in the US?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Unfortunately it is another 'designed for the US' SUV from a maker who should know better. It is ugly, the front grille looks like they let the summer placement student design it. I think it is as pointless as the Audi Q7 - another road whale which is too big to be any use.

If you check any of the US car mags, thay all have reviews of it - check this...

http://www.caranddriver.com/roadtests/9636/2006-subaru-b9-tribeca-limited.html

'cptr

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

from what I've read Interceptor it will be changed slightly for the european market...I'll reserve judgement until I test drive one but was hoping the engine choice wouldn't be limited to a 3.0 litre petrol?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

It looks very similar in size to the new Opel Frontera. Just wondering since GM have some sort of connection with Subaru (GM sell the Impreza estate in the US as a SAAB) maybe it will share some of the engines including a diesel?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

but its horrible looking:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭exactiv

that's an awful looking car. looks like a matiz on steroids....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Any makers of that kind of crap knows they have to include a diesel option for Europe or they'll sell a handfull. I imagine the GM 2.2 would make stately progress between home and school/Tescos perfectly well.

Mike.

Indeed Subaru have done a bit of a bad job of the new Impreza at the front and the Tribeca seems to have inherited the same, but a 2.2D would make me at least look at it. As long as the price is competitive and I wouldn't end up having to pay the premium for the extra 2 seats, I'll be considering it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Sweet Jaysus, this looks like the Porche Cayenne's fuck buddy. Why do manufacturers think people like this crap ??

GM stopped making their 2.2 diesel engine a couple of years ago. They use Fiat's 1.9 Multijet engine these days. I would imagine that is too small for an SUV of that size.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,661 ✭✭✭maidhc

K-TRIC wrote:
    Sweet Jaysus, this looks like the Porche Cayenne's fuck buddy. Why do manufacturers think people like this crap ??

No, its the bastard child of the Cayenne and a Ssangyong Kyron.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

bazz26 wrote:
    GM stopped making their 2.2 diesel engine a couple of years ago. They use Fiat's 1.9 Multijet engine these days. I would imagine that is too small for an SUV of that size.

That was the Isuzu engine in the Saab 9-5?

colm_mcm wrote:
    That was the Isuzu engine in the Saab 9-5?

Not quite afaik. I think though GM stopped using Isuzu diesel engines years ago. Afaik the 2.2 turbo diesel was a GM unit found in the Vectra and Omega.

Anyway back on topic, GM also had a 3.0 V6 diesel in the Saab 9-5, not sure if is still in use or if it was ever sold in Ireland but they may stick that in the Subaru SUV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭ismynametoolong

According to the Subaru web site they are no longer involved with GM but have taken up an alliance with Toyota . The Tribeca only comes with a 3.0 L Boxer engine ( what ever that is ) and there is no diesel but remember seeing some where that they are developing diesel for Europe

I think the diesel is necessary over here especially if all they are offering is a 3.0 litre petrol, however, Honda do a 2.2 diesel for the FR-V in the UK but the 1.7 petrol is only available here, so it's not a definite.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭bspoke

Would you not look at the new Hyundai Santa Fe? Comes with a 2.2 CRDI engine and an option of seven seats

bspoke wrote:
    Would you not look at the new Hyundai Santa Fe? Comes with a 2.2 CRDI engine and an option of seven seats
    I would not let one of those Korean pieces of $hit in my drive...EVER...!!!!!!!!

I'd have a RAV4 before one of them...:eek:

Advertisement